Working on a 6 month spouse visa

Hi,

I recently renewed my spouse visa. I had first gotten the visa for 6 months. I was hoping on renewal, they would give me 1 year, but I got 6 months again. My file is at Jalan Duta office. I wanted to know, has an one had an experience of getting work permission on this 6 month spouse visa? If so, could you guide on how you were able to get it done?

Not being able to work for the first 6 months was already extremely inconvenient and troublesome on our finances. Having the same rule for another 6 months is just ridiculous, specially in my current scenario where my spouse (wife) does not work. How is one able to support one's family if such ridiculous prohibitions to work are in place?

(I have already asked this on FSSG even before, but never got proper replies)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice here.

The States have different rules. You obviously live in Federal Territory KL so their rules apply. I think some States have more friendly rules than others but that does not help you.

It is not mandatory to get a spouse visa. You could have tried to get a job and therefore a Professional Employment Pass to enable you to work and live in Malaysia, especially as your wife doesn't work.

Unfortunately it is quite difficult often for people on spouse visas to find work even with a 1 year chop.

So even in 6 months time you may not be able to work as no one can or will sponsor the endorsement.

Some research might have prepared you for the grim reality of life in Malaysia. You will always be competing with local Malaysians for jobs. Most employers don't understand the spouse visa so shy away. But lately there have been more jobs advertised on FSSGMY targeting spouse visa holders

Details for getting permission to work chop https://m.facebook.com/FSSGMY/photos/a. … 21/?type=3