VFS details

I had given my biometrics in VFS Colombo for a UK visa in 2016. My visa was refused and I was married to my ex wife back then. In the application I mentioned that I was married.

Me and my ex wife are divorced now.

I have married my new wife who is a Belgian, planning to apply for VISA D from VFS New Delhi in India to move to Belgium to my new wife..

Questions I have:
Are all VFS biometrics data interconnected?
Does Belgium VFS and UK VFS share info?
When I apply for my VISA D now in Belgium VFS, could they cross check previous application details from UK vfs?
Will it be a problem if don't produce my previous divorce certificate?

The reason I ask this is, due to the current situation prevailing in Sri lanka it is not possible to get a copy of my previous certificate.

Can I disclose my previous marriage information?

Some one please advise.

Thank you so very much in advance.

UK is outside Schengen Area, so there's no VIS.

You've to understand that VFS is just a random company that regroup your info/files and send them to the right embassy.

Still, embassies are communicating and sharing information together at some points, if they feel the need for further investigation, such as reason of previous denial, etc...

As you've a fresh new certificate of marriage (if validated by Belgium), there's no point to show your divorce certificate, unless they do ask for it.

Hi,

YES, they share informations.

https://www.dataprotectionauthority.be/ … ion-system

So don't try to hide some informations !!! Just be honest and proove it with official documents.

Even if UK is not part of schengen rules. VFS has to provide any historical records concerning the person who ask visas.

Thank you for the reply.

Me and my Belgium wife have a legal marriage certificate issued by Sri lankan government..does it need to be validated from Belgium to be accepted?

She has checked the process of registering the marriage with that certificate in Belgium but the local council has advised that I need to be there in person for that.

Thank you Phipiemar for the information and the useful link.

You just need to get it apostilled from Srilanka.

Well, to be exact:
UK refused to use the VIS.
They only accepted to use the SIS (criminal/terrorist/non-admission/...)
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- … -system_en

Althrough, yes, embassies are talking/sharing together if they feel the need.
I agree with you that there's no reason to hide something.
But I'm still not 100% sure he has to give that paper if he has a Belgiqum certificate of marriage... (he should already have provided his previous divorce papers when he married again right?)

AlexfomBelgium,

On top of it, my Sri lankan marriage certificate which I got apostled in Sri lankan states that I'm unmarried.

My previous marriage details is indicated no where other than in the information I provided VFS UK in Colombo in 2016.