Obtaining an FBI report while you are in Malaysia

Calvin1977 wrote:

I received email from mm2h office saying that they want my latest letter of good conduct, because mine was more that a year old.  I am American, can I get it at US embassy in KL ? Or what should I do? Because I am currently in kL. need help for this issue

Expedited FBI criminal history record can be received through
http://www.myfbireport.com/order.php
in one week.

Steps:

1) Order the forms from My FBI Report via an email. There will be also a fingerprint form FD-258 there.

2) Print out this fingerprint form (3 copies) on white letter size paper and go to
Royal Police Headquarters (Ibu Pejabat Polis Diraja) in the morning.
Address:
Jalan Bukit Aman, Tasik Perdana, 50560 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- It is several minutes away from the Bird Park, which is the largest free range bird park in the world. You may be happy to visit it afterwards.
Call the Police Headquarters first at 03-2266 2222 (operator number) to double-check on the day they are available for fingerprinting.
- Bring your passport and also another photo ID like DL. They will take one photo ID at the guard house and they will give you a number and a police car will bring you to the doors of a building where the fingerprinting office is located.
- At the fingeprinting office, they will require your passport and pages of a fingerprint form FD-258. It is very important to print out 3 copies of this form, because they usually screw up the first copy and you need to send out two best copies.

IMPORTANT for the FD-258 form:
a) Put the DATE on the form as it is accustomed in the USA: MM-DD-YY. Don't leave it for an officer to fill out, because they will fill it as DD-MM-YY and then you can't correct it.
b) REASON FINGERPRINTED: foreign residence

3) Courier your completed forms and fingerprints in a firm envelop protected with a plastic envelop to:
National Credit Reporting
ATTN: FBI Consumer Report Request
6830 Via Del Oro, Suite 105
San Jose, CA 95119

I suggest using DHL, it is a little cheaper than FedEx and much more reliable.  I would stay away from Fedex as much as possible. They have absolutely bad customer service and can loose your package.

IMPORTANT:
National Credit Reporting will mail your FBI reports only to your name and only to a residential address which you will provide. They will not mail it to a PO Box or to a different name. They do not ship over-seas. So plan accordingly.

You can get it all done within 3 weeks.

Thanks for this information.