Time frame for Medical check up after getting IPA

Hi all,

Here is my concern, last time I was applied work permit and my last employer told me that I only got 2 weeks time to do my medical check up and submit everything (but I couldn't make it on time and my employer cancelled my IPA).

This time I got a new EP and my new employer said I do not need to complete medical check up within 2 weeks, as long as my IPA haven't get expired I still have time to do it.

Is it the time frame for medical check up process is different between work permit and EP (I am forgetting my expired date for the last work permit).

On your arrival, you have to do medical check up in next few days (try to check with MoM), but it should be within a week or May be first 2 or 3 days.

It's mandatory to have medical report in place before MoM issue your pass.

Hi Surya2k,

Thanks for your reply.

Is that any requirement that stated we must do the medical check up within 2 weeks after getting IPA? or we can just do it before IPA expired?

I have said clearly that on your arrival you MUST DO without fail. It may be within 48 hours or in few days. MoM is strict on this, if employer is saying that you can do medical test till your IPA expiry then it's wrong.

The EP must be issued within the IPA validity - and one of the requirements for this is a completed medical checkup. You can only start work after the EP is issued, so if the employer needs you from next week, you better complete everything this week - otherwise they may cancel the IPA (as you have already encountered once).

Hi beppi,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on your statement, as long as the IPA validity is still available, I can do my medical check up at anytime (within IPA validity). My new employer didn't rush me to do the medical report, and MoM won't rush me to do the medical check up either, as long as I haven't start my job in Singapore (because my 1st day to work is on next month), it is not a must to do the medical check up a week or May be first 2 or 3 days (as stated by surya2k). Am I right?

It does not matter when you do the medical checkup, as long as you have the results when you want to have your EP issued. Clear now?

Thanks beppi

Read my message carefully, on your arrival (at immigration checkpoint you need to enter using your IPA that you are here to work). So, I believe you enter Singapore only few days or day prior to your joining date. Then, it's not employer or anyone else tell you when to do medical test and register your online appointment. MoM has clear instructions in place after joining the job within a week you must have appointment at MoM to go through all your formality checks before MoM issuing work pass.

There is no way you can join your company or travel Singapore under IPA then wait your medical check till your IPA can expiry. I'm very sure what I'm talking here and I know your employer giving you wrong information, unless I'm reading something wrong from your message. Good luck

I have a wrong thought that I must do the medical check up as soon as possible after getting my IPA. But the true is, I only do the medical check up only after entering Singapore by using my IPA before I start my job on June.

worthit123 wrote:

I have a wrong thought that I must do the medical check up as soon as possible after getting my IPA. But the true is, I only do the medical check up only after entering Singapore by using my IPA before I start my job on June.

Since beginning,  I'm telling that on your arrival here. If you don't come here then why you need medical check up? MoM accepts latest Medical check report only, and should not be older than few weeks (that part can be checked with MoM how many weeks older report can be accepted).