Shipping Container to Morocco from the US

Does anyone have experience with sending shipping containers to Morocco?  Have you had good or bad experiences?  Cost?

I shipped over 80 boxes packed and small furniture. Worked with one company out of New Jersey for 6 months, They went bankrupt and it took the Maritime Division in WA. DC to find my belongings. I had paid in full and lost $3500.00. Had to find another shipper. Found one in so. California and they took care of getting my belongings stored in a warehouse and shipped it all to Casablanca where they handled customs and delivered to my door. I of course had to travel from Rabat to Casablanca and meet with customs also. Another $3800.00 and I finally had my personal effects. I can only advise caution. Be careful who you hire.

thank you for sharing your experience.  Was your container the 20 ft or 40 ft container size?

20ft.

Do you happen to remember the name of the one in S. California?

I will look it up for you. Okok. Here it is

ETC International Freight Systems

Nicolas Sanders was my contact.

Then  Swift Cargo Maroc, in Casablanca Handled the custom and Inspection and delivering to my door.

Hi there! I came across this conversation and I find it extremely helpful as I plan on shipping a container to Rabat from California. How much was the custom cost? Was it $3800??  Not sure on custom restrictions and cost over in Morocco, but just want to make sure so I don't end up paying more than what real shipment is worth...thanks and appreciate any input on this topic.

Furnitures from Lynn  Massachusetts delivery to meknes morocco.

We need how much cost?

@nelharim

Hi, from my experience, you're better off selling your furniture and appliances in USA and buying new in Morocco. Also, this applies to automobiles too and everything else.

I'm assuming you're moving there.

@Kdurbas customs was included in my total shipping costs. I paid 400 dh for storage at customs until I could get there and talk to the officials to get my belongings released.

I'm just posting to mention that this info is still very useful and in demand. If anyone else has updated info, it would be super useful!

@Cathylesher Considering the complexity of logistics in the hospitality sector, I wholeheartedly agree with your suggestion of hiring a professional logistics company with experience in hospitality. They have the expertise to handle a wide range of items and can help streamline the entire process. Their knowledge of industry-specific requirements and potential hurdles, like approval from authorities, can be invaluable. When engaging a logistics partner, make sure to communicate your specific needs and concerns, such as the electronic items, forest tax 14% (on wooden items), and any other unique challenges you may face.

Helle there

I need your help please, any informations about 20ft container, how much it does costs to clearance please?

Thanks

@Masakiblesson What are the items ?