How can expats help fight crime in Costa Rica?

LiveLifeWell2020.......It is refreshing to read from someone tell it like it is !....Even among us Ticos,you can't share too much info between each other.I left Costa Rica as soon as I could get a visa and to work legally in the U.S.....I had always been treated fairly by everyone in America and when people asked where I was from,I'd tell them,'Costa Rica this and Costa Rica that'.....I came back a few years ago,with my wife,to live on our farm in Guanacaste and there is no way in hell,I can tell anyone I came back with a U.S. style pension or how long I worked in the U.S.!!!! The Tico is envious and will saw the floor underneath each other too,'Serrucha Pisos'.Anytime we have service people or have to negotiate a price,I have to hide my gringa wife .Even with my own family in San Jose,it has changed the dynamics on how they relate to [link moderated] cousin,tried to steal my Grandmother's house,by getting into her file,my other cousin stoled enough money from his former employer,to open his own bar.Once in awhile,someone in the family comes through looking for me and I just feel......terror.

samramon........The only Ticos,that would find the hard facts offensive mentioned by LifeLivedWell2020, are the same ones that don't live in Costa Rica anymore,because they forget real fast how it was...Costa Rica is not P.C. and never will be.

samramon........The only Ticos,that would find the hard facts offensive mentioned by LifeLivedWell2020, are the same ones that don't live in Costa Rica anymore,because they forget real fast how it was...Costa Rica is not P.C. and never will be.

"Be less than who you are" so you wont be victimized, is the same mentality as it is the Rape victims fault for wearing a short sexy dress.

I'm not wanting to argue and I see a lot a valuable input you put here and I respect your opinion. This is my opinion and we all know how that goes.

Have a great Day and a Happy Holiday Season. Con Dios Acompane.

"Be less than who you are" so you wont be victimized, is the same mentality as it is the Rape victims fault for wearing a short sexy dress.

I'm not wanting to argue and I see a lot a valuable input you put here and I respect your opinion. This is my opinion and we all know how that goes.