Abused and Scared

Hello expats. I moved from Amman back stateside 4 years ago, but a friend in Khafranjah is still in the village. She and her children are Australian citizens. She is under lock and key by her in laws. She is abused by her husband and MIL. She needs to get out. Anyone have any resources for this?

She and her children are Australian citizens

The Australian embassy would be a good place to start. They can put pressure on the local authorities but, if they have dual nationality, that will make things all the more difficult.

You can contact the Australian embassy and inform them to contact her husband and check her situation.

Its the best way to make it as you are worried about her because you already know her husband is abusive.

MysteriousM wrote:

You can contact the Australian embassy and inform them to contact her husband and check her situation.

Its the best way to make it as you are worried about her because you already know her husband is abusive.

Calling her husband in such a situation would make it worse do you think that some one who is violent and getting backup from his family would admit to his crimes. One thing I have noticed in the culture here is that women are like a property with little or no say at all. So the best advice that I would give to this person is if by any chance she gets a way to get out let her go straight to the ministry of gender and equality or best so to her Embassy. And besides I believe she has a phone no. She can call her Embassy there are toll free numbers for emergencies. And she better act fast because she is a foreigner. If anything happened who would help her of if no one can stand by her.

about to marry a jordanian man...
that's the sort of mess im nervouse of

f.hussein wrote:

about to marry a jordanian man...
that's the sort of mess im nervouse of

It's better to avoid generalization, each case is different but worries still there,

If you like to share, tell us about your situation and hopefully who created the thread and others will help :)