Taxes in Cambodia

Hi everybody,

I am planning to move to Cambodia this year and need information about the taxes.

I have a bank account in my country and I will withdraw money with my card when I will be
in Cambodia. The wealth is what I earned in my country the past years.
Is there a tax I will have to pay in Cambodia ? if yes what is the percentage ?

What are the different taxes in Cambodia ?

Thank you for your help !

No taxes on money you withdraw with your card.

Joe

Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thank you JoeKhmer for your reply.

But If I am a resident in Cambodia I will have to declare to the tax service in Cambodia this account in my country, is it correct ?

Don't  mention it,  nobody asks you.

Cheers

Joe

Whilst there are no taxes to pay, many Western banks are now charging for withdrawals from your account.

On my last visit to Cambodia this year, I was restricted to US$500 per transaction and with *every* withdrawal, I was charged AU$30 by my bank.  This included: international transaction fee; local ATM fee and one other fee (forgot the name).

This very quickly mounts up.  You may be better to open a local bank account and have your bank in your country of origin, send money over to your Cambodian account to save in the long term.

Ulric

Ok many thanks. By the way is it easy when you open an account to have a credit
card shortly ?

Simichou71 wrote:

Ok many thanks. By the way is it easy when you open an account to have a credit
card shortly ?

Only if you open a fixed deposit account.

On savings account no credit card.

Cheers.

Joe

You can use an international account such as Revolut, transfer money in from your home account and exchange worldwide at interbank rate. So all you pay is the ATM fee which if I recall is $5 a go.