Urgent Help - Residence Permit Expiry

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can clarify this for me. I do not intend to extend my HU Residence Permit as I'm moving back to my country due to my business and will come back via a Visa for visits.

I'm currently in my home country and was thinking about coming to Budapest to collect some of my stuff. My card expiry is as below;

ERVENYESSEGI IDEJE: 18 MAJ/MAY 19
KIADAS HELYE, IDEJE: BUDAPEST, 31 MAJ/MAY 18

Can I still enter with this card now and leave before May 18th? also according to above the expiry is May 18th or for the full month of May 2019?

Thank you!

rodrigor89 :

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone can clarify this for me. I do not intend to extend my HU Residence Permit as I'm moving back to my country due to my business and will come back via a Visa for visits.

I'm currently in my home country and was thinking about coming to Budapest to collect some of my stuff. My card expiry is as below;

ERVENYESSEGI IDEJE: 18 MAJ/MAY 19
KIADAS HELYE, IDEJE: BUDAPEST, 31 MAJ/MAY 18

Can I still enter with this card now and leave before May 18th? also according to above the expiry is May 18th or for the full month of May 2019?

Thank you!

Expires 18 May 2019 and was issued 31 May 2018.

So it's valid only until 18 May.  To be sure, you should leave in 17 May.   

I'm only guessing but I think it would expire at midnight on the 18 May.  Most things expire at midnight.

If in doubt, phone the HU embassy wherever you are.

Thanks @fluffy2560