Re registering a Spanish Car in Italy

Hi everyone,
Ross in Sarnico here,does anybody have any ideas on registering a car here in Italy,I have a few quotes ranging from €900 to €1400??
The car is a Spanish reg( I lived there for two years) Hyundai Matrix 2002( I know old buy it's flying) engine is 1.5 diesel..by the way I am Irish and am now a resident in Italy since January,having purchased an apartment in Sarnico.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Hi Rose,
If you have Italian residency you have to register it within 2 months (new law!). There are big fines now if you exceed that.

It is expensive and a big hassle to change to Italian plates. I've done it on a car from the UK and it took nearly two months, meant visits to the main comune, the car registration office, then for the test (callaudo), etc. I think it cost me around €800 which was about the same as if I bought an Italian registered car but it was a big hassle. I would only do it if the car was something special.

Hope this helps!
Richard

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : No external websites, please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I brought my UK registered car here, and went to the local driving school with all the documents they did all the work and supplied the new plates, the price was around 1000 Euros.
Ciao Bruce.