Expat.com survey or insurance advertising?

Inbox - clicked on "Why have you decided to settle down abroad?  Take part in our survey."

Sure I will help out Expat.com. But all I get is a 40 minute ad from 3 french people for health insurance with an Expat.com banner at the top.  No survey.

Doesn't look like a legit post. Spam? :/

How sad...    (Yet) another innocent who doesn't know how the world worx...

gobot wrote:

Inbox - clicked on "Why have you decided to settle down abroad?  Take part in our survey."

The "request" wasn't in my Inbox, but displayed as a banner at the top of my profile page so it must be authorised by the power that be.

I didn't respond.

I clicked on the banner (I'm supposed to play nice), but no insurance or any other advertising came my way. I'd all but forgotten about it until I saw this thread so it could just be coincidence our intrepid OP got spammed at.
If it was a PM, who sent it?

Fred wrote:

I clicked on the banner (I'm supposed to play nice), but no insurance or any other advertising came my way. I'd all but forgotten about it until I saw this thread so it could just be coincidence our intrepid OP got spammed at.

It's a new pop up that comes when you sign into the site. It's possible that it's an ad that's been allowed, but the advertiser has Rewritten it in a way that makes it look like it's a request from this website

I just cleared the cache and cookies from Google Chrome and pulled up the website. The banner is there even before signing in. It is a Google ad that knows what website you've pulled up, and is pulling you to another website for your survey which has nothing to do with expat.com, unless of course expat.com is the advertiser who owns the ad

https://gordythomas.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/inshot_20190426_110810757.jpg

I got the same thing, just ignored it.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Fred wrote:

It's a new pop up that comes when you sign into the site. It's possible that it's an ad that's been allowed, but the advertiser has Rewritten it in a way that makes it look like it's a request from this website

They're going to love my answers - probably explains why they skipped spamming me.

I received the same one, the moment it asked for my full name I ignored it.

Wadey

Wadey wrote:

Wadey

I told them I was Fred...

😯

Hello everyone,

The survey has indeed been launched by Expat.com.

However, due to a slight error which has occurred, the survey is not being displayed correctly at the moment and instead, you may see an advert.

Please kindly disregard this.

Here's the right link for the survey: Reasons for moving abroad in 2019 (for expats and expats-to-be)

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Diksha
Team Expat.com

Diksha wrote:

Here's the right link for the survey: Reasons for moving abroad in 2019 (for expats and expats-to-be)

That's a short, sweet, and to the point survey that took me less than a minute to finish including time to type the remarks.  If it were much longer, I wouldn't have finished it.

Wadey wrote:

Wadey

I just took it now. It never asked for anything except age and gender

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Wadey wrote:

Wadey

I had trouble working out the second one.

Fred wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Wadey wrote:

Wadey

I had trouble working out the second one.

That's odd...I mean, queer...I mean...

Bi for now...

😆😆😆

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

The one I took asked for gender, but not age.  Not even age range.

Ciambella wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Ok, it asked for year of birth

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
Ciambella wrote:
OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Duff translation - I really asks how old you are, so ladies will all answer, 21.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:

Oh, you're right, it did ask that.  I skipped that question, that's why I thought (wrongly) that it didn't ask for age.

I checked the box "Retired", that's enough info IMO.

Diksha wrote:

Hello everyone,
The survey has indeed been launched by Expat.com.

However, due to a slight error which has occurred, the survey is not being displayed correctly at the moment and instead, you may see an advert.

:dumbom: