Moving to Malta with children this summer

Hi all

We are moving to Malta this summer with 2 children 5yrs and 2yrs for my husband's job.

I'm struggling to find info on regular mum and toddler groups/coffee meet ups/toddler classes. can I ask what the expat mums of this group do with their little ones in the week time? Much of the info already on here seems to be out of date.

Would love to hear from anyone who may have recently arrived or is due to arrive soon who'd like to connect!

Thanks

Nicole 😊

Welcome to the Forum, you may get a better response if you mention what area you hope to live in, good luck.

There are many art classes, swimmnig classes for babies and toddlers etc and you'll meet many moms there.

Things tend to be very regional so depends where you intend to live

Thanks Volcane. I think we'll likely be in Sliema.

Hi! We are already here in Sliema with our two children.......where are you coming from?

We are moving over to malta from the uk next year with 4 children. Hooe your enjoying your time there.

Sorry Maltafour I've only just seen your reply, apologies! We are coming from the UK. My husband arrives next week and we will come as soon as we have a confirmed school place. How is Sliema with children, do you enjoy it? Any tips for things to do with kids?

Hi Emily, we arrive later this summer hopefully, waiting on a school place at present, so nothing to report yet! Where will you be living, any ideas? My children are 2 and 5.

There is heaps to do, depends what your kids are into. How old are they? Let me know if you want to meet up when you get here.

Hi hunni
We are not sure yet it really depends on the rent and apartments available. My husband is a maltese citizen but hasnt lived there for 28yrs so will have changed quite a bit since he was last there. Preferably some where easy to commute for work. My husband is a qualified chef so it depends on where his work is really too. My children are aged 8 10 14 16 17 who will be coming over keep us up to date how you are getting on hun I cant wait to be there. We are over on honeymoon in aug this year xx

Sounds great. My husband is a Maltese citizen too. There is plenty of work for chefs here I think especially during tourist season.

Thats good to know and wow so much in common its quite worrying did u have a place sorted when you moved over or did you rent air bnb until you found somewhere? We are over on honeymoon aug so bringing our marriage certificate and kids birth certificates to register them so they are there ready for next year x

Wow I am following your thread and wondering how come you will leave Uk and come to this tiny overpopulated, island. Loads if traffic  and impossible to move around. Modt of us want to leave here we are clastrophobic and others want to come. Very strange world we live in 😊. I hope you come and settle  and try not to compare this life with your past life cause you will go crazy. Mentality here is totally different  from where you live now. Ask if you need  any help.

michamiaw wrote:

Wow I am following your thread and wondering how come you will leave Uk and come to this tiny overpopulated, island. Loads if traffic  and impossible to move around. Modt of us want to leave here we are clastrophobic and others want to come. Very strange world we live in 😊. I hope you come and settle  and try not to compare this life with your past life cause you will go crazy. Mentality here is totally different  from where you live now. Ask if you need  any help.

Have you ever lived in the UK?

SimCityAT wrote:
michamiaw wrote:

Have you ever lived in the UK?

Why is he on an expat site?

No  but i have lots of friends and realtives that live there and i see the photos its beautiful lots of greenary and parks and places to go. I wish I visit oneday

One of the reasons people leave the UK is the weather, health issues, increased of the far right etc.....

Hi all,

My hubby will be moving to Malta first this Mar 2020 while the family will join in June. We have 2 kids, 3years old and 5 years old. Hubby is now is Malta checking the schools and Accommodation before the family arrive in June. Hoping to know some new friends in Malta. Btw we are from Singapore. :)

Hello !

I have just realized that I shall post this as a separate thread.
But I cannot either find how to delete it, sorry.

Please find my complete post in its own thread in "Children" topic for Malta category, under the tittle:

"Need your real life experience with kids in Sliema area :-)"

Thanks to the administrator for deleting this post.

Hi,

We recently just moved to Malta with a 5 years old and 3 years old. :) It will be good to connect if you are keen.

Hello !

Great that you made it to Malta with family; I'm sure that you'll have a great time there.

We spent a couple of weeks around La Valette and also Golden Sands.  Enjoyed it.
But our plans have changed for professional reasons, now we're heading somewhere else in Europe !

Would have been glad to connect :-)

Best

howyuin wrote:

Hi,

We recently just moved to Malta with a 5 years old and 3 years old. :) It will be good to connect if you are keen.

If you do a search on here you should find posts about meeting up with other mums and children.
Good luck.