General Power of attorney India

Hi friends,
I would like to share my experience for getting a general power of attorney because I personally could not travel to India for signing the sales deed.
1. The power document was sent through mail which I checked for errors.
2. I printed it out on A4 sheets and went to , the Indian High commission which is currently located at Mont Kiara.
3. I had to take two sets of my passport photo copy along with visa page and last address page. 3 photographs of passport size photo.
4. I had to fill a form which is easy and can be obtained from there it self.
5. I paid 85 RM for the attestation and sign of the high commissioner for which I received a receipt.
6. I had to bring two witnesses , I had my wife and met another person there who just like me needed two witnesses. So we signed for him and he signed for us.
7. There were a few agents outside who would claim up to 150 RM just to fill the form and arrange a witness. do not approach them. The form is very simple and it is given by the officials upstairs it self for free.

Very informative.

It might be useful to just check the BLS website matches your experience. Or did you not use the BLS service?

https://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/power_attorney.php

Yes I referred to the website above , from where I got the working hours and location.

Hi Anis,

The power of attorney was sent it was on bond paper and plain text.?? please suggest