Anyone looking to drive down from US to Belize?

I havent seen any recent threads on driving down lately. We are exploring the idea and wondering if anyone else was. We would like to talk about a caravan with other folks. We were planning on flying and shipping our vehicle but might be open to driving. We're currently in Arizona but might be willing to meet up at just about any border (Az., Tx, etc). We're a retired couple with 1 dog. Has anyone drove down in the last year? We'd love to hear about your experiences and any information (good or bad) that you might want to share. Or if you're looking to caravan in the next 30 days or so, please let us know.

Jerryhaberthur wrote:

I havent seen any recent threads on driving down lately. We are exploring the idea and wondering if anyone else was. We would like to talk about a caravan with other folks. We were planning on flying and shipping our vehicle but might be open to driving. We're currently in Arizona but might be willing to meet up at just about any border (Az., Tx, etc). We're a retired couple with 1 dog. Has anyone drove down in the last year? We'd love to hear about your experiences and any information (good or bad) that you might want to share. Or if you're looking to caravan in the next 30 days or so, please let us know.

If you do a search on "drive", quite a few posts come up. Not sure you really need a caravan.  There are also quite a few FB pages like "On the road in Mexico", with lots of great tips. I think the biggest thing is to get all your paperwork together, including for your furry kid. Stay on toll roads. Take your time. Book hotels in advance. And most of all - have loads of fun and enjoy the drive!