Salary Comparison!

I live and work in Saudi Arabia and I am considering a new offer in Casablanca...hoewever the total package offered is less than what was I am getting in Jeddah and they told me Morocco is way cheaper than the Gulf!  Can anyone fill me in what is considered to be a decent salary in Casablanca - to save and have fun? I am single by the way.

Hi Nader79,

Welcome to Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you.

consider this:
4000 dhms for decent house
3000 dhms for fooding
2000 dhms for transportation etc
2000 dhms for leisure activities
In around 10000 dhms, u can live very good in morocco. 15 to 20 k salary per month is good enough but then u can spend money in any way..cheers

Thank you very much Christine for your kind reply and support!

TO give further details I am currently getting a 4,000 Euros package in GCC (KSA), spent as such:

1,000 Euros (Accomodation, Utilities, Travel Expenses)
400 Euros (Food + Dine Out)
500 Euros (Travel & Leisure)
200 Euroes (Phone + Internet)
400 Euros (Miscellaneous expenses)

So I end up saving 1,500 Euros only.

What would be a similar package in Morocco in terms of yield savings after subtracting cost of living. Of course I will not need to Travel so much when I am in a party city like Casa but I will sure spend the 500 Euros per month clubbing then :)

Wow Shahruh Khan - the COL is really cheaper in Casa!! I geuss then to save 1500 Euros there (around 15,000 dhms), same as in Saudi now, my salary should be withing 25-30K. 

I promise you and Christine a dinner invitation if a good job offer in Casa materialised for me! :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

thanks, kind of you. will be glad to see you. feel free to ask for any more info or help

Hi SK,
Which international banks are there in El Jadida?  I would be very much interested in any bank having a branch in UAE as well.
Hoping to meet you next month,
Cheers

Thanks, very kind of you, Nader79! :)

-------------------------

Hi nellissery,

You should please start a new topic on the Morocco forum. (you are a bit off topic) Thank you.

Christine

Noted, Christine.

Shall do as suggested.

Thanks