Relocate to Malta

am British i live in Manchester i would like to relocate to Malta can anybody please explain the process of ECONOMY SELF SUFFICIENT FAMILY in Malta ? what are the requirements for my family who are non-EU members?

adeygazal wrote:

am British i live in Manchester i would like to relocate to Malta can anybody please explain the process of ECONOMY SELF SUFFICIENT FAMILY in Malta ? what are the requirements for my family who are non-EU members?

Read the pinned post at the top of the Forum, it tells you what you need to know to apply for your eResidency and for your immediate family.

adeygazal wrote:

Why Malta?
- Windy, very humid and cold 6 months of the year, just slightly better weather-wise than in UK.
- Very expensive rentals and real estate market. Definitely hugely over-priced and needs correction.
- Very bureaucratic.
- Residency programs are extremely slow and also expensive.
- Not very good shopping compare to Europe or Asia.
- Houses are not insulated or badly  insulated so that you will freeze for 6 months because heaters and split-system running all the time will not be much help.
- It is one construction project- dust and noise almost everywhere.
- Dogs' poop is everywhere on the streets. People slip in it at night. Every patch of a neighborhood park area is covered with poop and when the wind blows, you inhale poop dust.
- Scattered trash is the problem too. Though some districts, like Naxxar, collect trash every day, still people just drop trash anywhere they go.
- Shooting firecrackers 6 warm months a year several days a week almost every week starting early morning till almost midnight.
- Most of the houses are covered with black mold, which is a simple design problem and could be fixed if they just care about appearance.
- Ocean is nice but it has a problem with jellyfish because of pollution and fished out predators for jellyfish.

Pros-
- great health-care system
- friendly people
- no crime
- full employment, which is good and not good at the same time, because they hire people, probably out of desperation, who are lacking skills.

As you can see, cons outweigh pros. We moved to Malaysia instead and enjoy it. It was a really good choice.

Residency is free it's citizenship that costs a lot of money.
The weather here is better then the UK, it may be colder indoors but outside it's definitely milder in winter and a lot hotter in summer.

@expat000

Malta wasn't for you, yet it attracts a lot of people and they like it and stay. Have you ever lived in the UK?

GozoMo wrote:

The weather here is better then the UK, it may be colder indoors but outside it's definitely milder in winter and a lot hotter in summer.

Residency, not citizenship, is very expensive for other than EU nationalities.

expat000 wrote:
GozoMo wrote:

Residency, not citizenship, is very expensive for other than EU nationalities.

There is no charge for residency wherever you are from!
Being a TCN you would, in most cases, need a job and work permit and there may be some costs involved in that. Any resulting residence card would be only for 1 year (as is the work permit) but is renewable.
I must say heaving been here 6 years I would also disagree with many of your other negative statements!

Yes and no.

Application can be made for long-term residency following 5 years of continuous legal residence in Malta which in the case of most TCNs is having a work permit (and rarely self-employment). . The fee for this application is zero, however:

Mandatory Level I Maltese Language course is Eur72.
Mandatory Level II Maltese Language course is Eur72.
Mandatory 100-hour on Malta's culture, history, society is Eur72.

**Leaving this here on a separate note**: Yearly renewal of work permit for TCNs is Eur280.50 for the main applicant. Each additional family member is Eur27 or roundabout provided IdentityMalta allows for family reunification.