"Jill-of-all trades" looking for work in Chapala.

I am a Realtor, Social Worker, writer, "Emmy Award Winning" tv producer.  I also have Restaurant and Retail experience looking for work in Chapala.

KDeVeau* wrote:

I am a Realtor, Social Worker, writer, "Emmy Award Winning" tv producer.  I also have Restaurant and Retail experience looking for work in Chapala.

At the top of the page is an area to post job requests. The other thing is to go to places in the area and see what's needed. Keep in mind that there would be visa requirements and that jobs go to nationals first for the most part. An expat owned business may be a little different. They may be looking for things a native can't provide.

1. The best option is trying to get Mexican Migration (INM) permission to work as an independent. You need to narrow your field. They will not leave you wide open. You will need to document your experience, and your professional education must be SEALED / certified (Apostle) by your state government of the school location. If you do receive permission then there is the registration with the Mexican IRS (Hacienda).
2. If a company hires you, then they will channel your registrations.

If you do not follow one of those two, you are working illegally, and will be deported.

Mexicans themselves must register with Hacienda, or their employer handles the income taxes.
Only the registered self employed do their own taxes.

I am a troubleshooter (Assessor) . I have helped the national phone Co., the electrical commission, local municipality, and individuals in SAllende

Thanks for your response.

Hi "Smakarl", hope lots of people read your post because to many foreigners do business in Mexico without paying their share in taxes ans often brag about it mainly in rentals asking US dollars nd some temporary restaurants in snowbirds season. 
If you still can change aspect of law and regulations then if I may suggest the RFC resgistration should be visible at B&B, restaurants, stores just like in Canada.

Adios y buen dia a todos, GyC.