Buy new furniture local in Marrakesh or buy and ship from the US?

People tell me it is very expensive to buy new furniture (non traditional Moroccan living room) in Morocco. 
Should I buy and ship from the US? 
Are there website where I can compare prices?
Are the furniture made there good quality?  I know just like anywhere else, you get what you pay for.  But are the good quality extremely expensive?

I do not know the prices of USA furniture. I do know there are strict and very expensive import rules/taxes. Tripple check everything and still expect surprises when you choose the import way.

Thank you Weltevreden for your reply. Prices here vary depending on the make and quality. I'm aware of the taxes and they can be heavy. I wanted people's opinion on the quality of the furniture there and what to expect to pay for good quality furniture

I dont know about things like US-style couches, chairs, etc, as far as prices, but I will tell you not to expect Lane or LaZBoy quality. Also, comfort level is way different here ,from what I've experienced.  Very firm (hard) seating, couches, mattresses,etc.  Even when it's top of the line stuff.  Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth.  I should add that I dont live in or near a big city. And that if I had the opportunity I wouldve shipped some of my furniture over when I came here 5 years ago
Oh yeah!  I just remembered theres's an IKEA near Cadablanca, so there's that!
Good luck with your decision
Adrienne