Business visa or...?

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully some of you could help me with this.
So I'm planning of launching my own clothing brand in my home country, in the Scandinavian area. It's a very small business, a one-woman-company. My aim is to travel back to India to find right materials, get those tailored and then send those back to my home country to sell (+ sell online)

What kind of a visa do I need in order to do this legally?
To conclude, what is the right visa if I'll be paying tailors, but they're not my employees, and if my company is not launched in india, but in my own coutry I'm paying taxes to and so on? Is a tourist visa okay or do I need a business visa?

Thank you, endlessly(!) in advance for your replies!

From everything I've seen, you will need a business visa.  They aren't that difficult to get and they would allow you to legally enter India as often as you need to (up to 180 days per year) and are usually granted for 5 years at a time.   Tourist visas are for much shorter times and may have a waiting period to re-enter the country after leaving

But... the way you explained your business modalities... that would be considered illegal if it's for "Commercial purposes" (as different from personal consumption)

Basically, its the same laws regarding the same as prevalent in any mature economy including your own Scandinavian countries...

There are procedures for formalities of goods being ordered & then shipped plus additinal procedures for payments !  And fir that you need to consult professionals in the game.

It might work for you for some time by doing small amount of business breaking rules... but eventually one consignment will be stuck and the enquiry will start.. and tbey will find out all the last transactions.. (as everything now a days is stired FOREVER in present digital age..) 

Once a trail is unearthed, as per our understandings with EU, the Indian department will shoot the email to your country and EU (hey EU guys we found out an entity who is habitually circumventing rules..and here are the details we unearthed) plus they will go after your poor Indian supplier/tailor who thought everything WAS fine.. and will get in yo trouble.. blurting ALL that had transpired.. 

And as our guys ARE.. they might wait for your next trip to India to arrest you for money laundering activity (as such circumventing of procedures is the mist favourite form of money laundering as an illegal procedure known to the Indian authorities till now. In addition they will cancel your visa+ ban for many years your visa eligibility. In their enthusiasm to catch a new criminal (& promotion in career chance), they will not realise that you were a small entrepreneur just trying to do something good... but by the time they would realise that, the wheels of procedures in law would already be churning for them to complete the "Standard Operating Procedures"... (just like your country would do to an Indian similarily placed in such situation)

So... do your homework good, & do a successful and sustainable business 😎

Hope I was of help for your future dreams to be a successful entrepreneur  :)

Wish you ALL the good luck  !

Cheers !