Visiting Singapore after entry refusal 7 years ago

Hi,
I'm planning to visit Singapore in August 2019 for 10 days with my family. I'm Indian citizen but Permanent Resident in USA (Green Card Holder). My spouse is US Citizen so she don't need a visa. I'm waiting for my 10 yr GC extension at this moment. I already have I-797 and extension on my GC for 18 months. In USA, I believe I need to apply at San Francisco VFS location, I do live in DC. What should I do regarding my entry refusal back 7 years ago due to no return ticket. I was traveling ticket that was not confirmed for return. That time an agent suggested this and it did not worked as it never that I know now. Second question is that how long the visa duration will be, should I apply now? Or should I wait and apply near Aug, my travelling period? Please feel free to ask me question for more information.

Respectfully,

7yrs back incident, if I believe your statement then it was due to no confirmed return ticket. Potentially, shouldn't have an issue now, but for confirmation, you can reach out ICA (check previous threads in Visa category, I have shared their email address many times), to get a response from them that you can visit Singapore. Bring that email copy with you.

This time, make sure you must have return ticket and hotel accommodation details or where you need to stay (person's contact number and house address) in order to avoid any such trouble at immigration checkpoint. 

On your second part of questions, you will get multiple entry visa period, varies from 3 months to 1yr. Once you landed here, will get maximum 30days stay in a single entry, can be extended upto 60 days (additional one month) or 89 days (additional 2 months) but should have strong rationale for extension.

You should apply visa near to your journey date (15 to 20 days before). Good luck

Hello Surya2k,

Thank you for your reply and quick response. I found the information you shared with me very helpful. I will do the same as you have mentioned

You are welcome. Please share your experiences throughout the process which will help others who may be facing similar experiences. Good luck

Hello Surya,
I got reply from ICA and they said that I should declare all the information truthfully, not much helpful reply but generic kind of response.

You should have mentioned in your email about the incident happened at that time without hiding any information. Now, you can respond to them with detailed information and hope they will reply in a better way with more clarity.

Hi,
Yes I have mentioned in my email everything in detail along with my passport and incident detail without hiding anything. I will try to reply on that email again.

Hi all,

I have applied Singapore visa through VFS in San Francisco application center on 10th of July. I'm an Indian citizen but US Permanent Resident. It has been three days but the application is still showing pending. Also, my family in India has applied for it too and they got their visa on next business day. Have anyone ever experience that?
I was refused entry like 7 years ago to Singapore due to no return ticket and I have sent an explanation letter along with my old passport copy with it. Is that sufficient or can it hurt my chances to get visa now?

If you read our old responses, we have said numerous occasions that before applying visa or planning to visit Singapore, should reach ICA through email and get a confirmation that you can visit here that there is no ban against you.

You can do now, wait for ICA's response. You may get your visa prior to ICA's reply. Good luck

Hi Surya, I did emailed ICA before and they said that I have to apply and all the requirements needs to be met. After getting that email only I have applied. But it's unusual waiting time for ICA since my family in India got their visa in 1 business day at the beginning of July. The pending status of my case for that many days is worrying me

Then, nothing can be done rather to wait. Most likely you will get the outcome, in early next week.

It's very basic that whichever country you visit, immigration office  required accommodation details and return ticket. If you failed so, then you will be denied to clear immigration check. So, not sure what had prompted you coming here without a return ticket. Good luck

Hey Suriya,

I had the return ticket prior to come there then and I checked it before leaving to the travel agent canceled it and it ended up as police report against him upon my return. It was a case of fraud on his side but I'm sure it will not to any good to discuss abt it at this time. Thank you for your reply though. I have visited more than 20 countries since that time and it was a mistake that I hold myself responsible for not securing my return at that time.

Good that you know it was not correct. Understand your point but no matter whatever reason we may tell to immigration officers, they won't believe and  will take it negative way. Good luck

Note: My name is not Suriya, next time write it correctly or avoid writing. Thanks