Visit Visa to Employment Visa

Can ayone enlighten me on what should I do?

My employment visa didnt get approved yet because it says that Documents are required for further processing and the  visit GDRFA. When we got to GDRFA, they are saying that I have a Visit Visa in Abu dhabi and I have to cancel it in their inmigration. Now, my travel agency is saying that a used visa cannot be cancelled and I have to exit the country for my employment visa to come out. Does anyone had the same situation as me?

Visit visas can be converted to employment visas.  But NOT tourist visas.  If you entered on a tourist visa, then it cannot be converted.  Also on entry, it has been used and cannot be cancelled.   So the travel agency is correct.  You have to leave and the employer then has to apply for your employment visa.

XTang wrote:

Visit visas can be converted to employment visas.  But NOT tourist visas.  If you entered on a tourist visa, then it cannot be converted.  Also on entry, it has been used and cannot be cancelled.   So the travel agency is correct.  You have to leave and the employer then has to apply for your employment visa.

Thank you for sharing. Very useful.