Free Visa on Arrival News

I just saw this story today.

Not good for every country, but according to the article, the United States is on the list:

independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/sri-lanka-visa-free-uk-arrival-travel-tourism-application-a8871966.html

You come with good news OB  :top:

E-visa firms usually take some more bucks as an administrative charge other than the visa fee, so now both disappear there are some bucks to save...

and less border run and less hassle...

I see only positive things...

finnbo wrote:

You come with good news OB  :top:

E-visa firms usually take some more bucks as an administrative charge other than the visa fee, so now both disappear there are some bucks to save...

and less border run and less hassle...

I see only positive things...

I hope you noted, this is for Sri Lanka?

I'm guessing, if you do a border run there, your feet get wet?

Also, if the fees there are similar to Vietnam, this might only be referring to the government stamping fee.

You might still need to pay an agent if you don't place your application directly through an embassy or consulate.

Hehe yes they get wet but since the surrounding water is salty and warm at least minimal risk of getting cold feet :D

Because of my optimism I misunderstood  the news, it's only a double entry 30 day free visa on arrival and this scheme is not really a new thing, Swedish passport holders had this for some years ago, probably the entire EU had it.