Need the Name of a Good Lawyer in Sosua/Cabarete

My name is Sylvie and I arrive in Sosua a month ago.   I was coming to stay here long term as I bought myself a villa under construction that was supposed to be finish at my arrival.  That is what I tought!

Well when I arrive, my villa is not finish at all and not habitable.  Nobody is working on the site.  The site seem abandon.  The builder is an American who did not (I have been told) took the right construction permits and did not do the right inspections during construction.  I am trying to call, write, email, text, whatsapp the builder, but he do not answer me or give me answers that have nothing to do with our problem.  Most of the time, he give me the silent treatment.

According to people from the city of Sosua, there is not a lot of chances that this new builder/real estate agent Playa 21(in Sosua) will ever get the necessary permits and get done the needed inspections  so he can get the villas finish.

And now the problem:   I had already paid the builder almost 1/2 of the cost of this villa to a Sosua lawyer .  Builder says that he will repay me through my present lawyers but the money never comes.  I even asked him if we can discuss to buy his already finish villa that he made for himself, but he  did not want to sell it at a market price or let me  live in it.  So his finish villa is now empty. 

The builder (from PLAYA 21(complex of 4 VILLAs) who is situate not far from Hispagnola in Sosua) went back to live (or worked???????) in Miami, FL.  There is not construction being done in those 3 unfinished  villas for at least 2 months.  Beware if you are planning to buy there.

The builder says that he will give me my money back but I heard that he does not have the cash necessary to refund me back (hope this is not true).  Beware to buy real estate in DR if your villa or etc is not finish before paying them.

If you know a very good lawyer who can help me get my money back or cease his villa as a down payment until he repays me, please let me know.  Sylvie whatsapp:  809-603-0045.

It can't not be Guzman $ Ariza law firm as they are in conflict of interests with the builder .   So I have to find myself another good lawyer in Sosua/cabarete region.

Thank you.

Wow...that is an awful situation you find yourself in.  I highly recommended Guido Perdomo in Sosua on Pedro Clisante.  He has been great with us for our purchase and Residency.

I will recommend Jesus Garcia Tallaj . He has a long experience in real estate and works both in Sosua and Miami.  You can reach him at  829-695-5550. He also has Whatsapp.

I would not be afraid to use Guzman here.....

I have used them for 2 sides of a deal....
might be easier to resolve 'in house' than w/ another law firm....

Save face.... no outsiders
I have seen this work....w/ Guzman

at least - ask them...

I would not use a lawyer with a conflict here. Never ever.