New in town

Retired to David a month or so ago.  As President Truman said, 'If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen'..... Well as one from the US Southwest, the heat here is...... well hot.  But not hot enough to get us out.  We like David, Panamanians are very friendly, and as one who is just beginning to learn Spanish, they are very patient.  Town is easy to get around and has, for us, 75% of the products we are us to using back home.  Found some good eateries and pubs, not much more this old retiree can ask for.

Don't want to trigger the 'yakity-wackities' but we detect that many expats we have encountered have too much time on their hands and tend to fill that time with concerns about what other expats are doing.  Don't respond to that because we absolutely, positively don't give a damn.

The proof of our satisfaction with David is that we recommended friends of ours who are planning a move to consider this town.  And so it goes!

time on my hands ,, not much , to each his own i guess ,,,i have been here 17 years and have found much better places to live than david for sure . is hot in david year round but this time of the year i find it intolerable. the wind comes from the north in almost a constant blow and the southern half of panama  does not benefit ,, look at google earth and is so aparamnt where the green line is right down the middle of the country ,, any place north of the green  line is 10 degrees cooler this time of the year ,, lake gatun area is a much better place to live ,, my two cents worth

You got here in the very hottest time of the year, and opinion is it's been hotter than usual. The rains are finally coming back though!
We've lived in David 6 1/2 years, very happy. Where are you? We are in the north edge, about 2 miles north of El Rey supermarket. We also love living with these super nice people, and having everything we need close by. There are a lot of options in this small country, and it's great to hear you are happy with your choice.

Does one need air conditioning to live in David? Can locals, or well adapted expats, face the hottest temperatures without suffering? If not, when (night/day) and where (living room or elsewhere) do you/they use air conditioning?

HI!
Terry Trumbull here in David also.  Been here 11 years now and can likely help you with items you may need or want.  My wife died in October so I'm on my own in a very large home in the neighborhood  of Doleguita.  You can email me at   ***
Regards,
Terry Trumbull

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Air conditioning is not needed, though moving the air by fans can help a lot.  I use air in whatever room I am in.  To air condition everywhere is costly and wasteful.  I have sealed all window with plastic to keep the heat out and cooled air in.  Humidity is the problem for most of the year when frequently raining.