Greetings Everyone>>> New to this forum and I hope I'm doing this correctly.

I'm in Carolina Pr now and are going to "Porta del Sol "(west coast) oh how I love that title. learning my Spanish as I go "should of payed attention in HS :) at this time Im looking for an efficiency to rent if anybody knows or has some suggestions , I scan classificado often. Im retired and are here to improve my health from the cold harsh weather of the US oh and to relax and chill for the rest of my days inexpensively.  I hope everyone's endeavors are successful.

If you are in PR and alredy checking clasificados, my suggestion is drive around the area looking for "Se Alquila" signs (For Rent). Places in PR are not always listed or advertised. There are condos that will fit the bill. Also places around colleges would have efficiency apts and or a shared apartment.

What area on the west are you considering?
If you let me know i might be able to find some places for you to look at.  I am in quebradillas but know people throughout the island

Thank you both, I have acquired a place. .. and yes ReyP i  have seen those signs a lot here in Carolina, a friend of 8yrs has property here and has set me up  :D:D  go figure huh!! at a very reasonable price.

Maybe one day we can meet and have a drink of Coconut Water, "It's the only water that touches the  :heart: "

:)  bien venida Travelar, to beautiful Puerto Rico..
I wish you alot of luck on your new chapter in life  :cool:
I have been living in P.R for 3 years now., moved here in 2016.
Love my people, love this island.
But i am home sick  :sosad:  ..i survived Maria, and other adventures
That i encountered. I even bought a small house after renting for a full year. .But my heart aches for the family i left behind. It was all great,
But now i'm having second thoughts, i'm sure theres other people here that feel the same way...especially women that leave their children and grand children behind.. You sound happy, friendly and bubbly. Learn the language, mingle with the locals, we are very friendly, talkative ppl.lollll literally every where you go , someone will try to strike up a conversation.
Total strangers will share their lives as you sit waiting in docs office, thy greet you, and even wish you well as you walk out the door..when your eating.. Its always "buen provecho" i love it...Good luck...private me
If you want to chat...con cariño Carmen..🌞🌺

Why not have them come visit and have their vacations here?

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on this english speaking forum, thank you

Hi Rey, yes we do all that..they come for a week, we go there to NY..
All and all its not the same. I'm really missing my family unit..i miss some of the customs
Of which i lived for so many years. NO Es LO MISMO...after 3 yrs here now i feel lonely.
My husband was raised here till he was 18. I was born here but left @age 6.
But I'm missing my lil grandson so much..my husband says he WILL NOT GO BACK.
So i have a tough task ahead of me. Going back and forth you do spend alot of money.
I think the worst thing in the world is being in a place and having your heart in another.
I'm in between two worlds..😩😩hahaahah oh let me stop, hey if my family was here i
Wouldn't even think about NY, pero no es asi. Have a great sunday, and congratulations i
See your dream finally  came true.. Also You lost a lot of weight, P.R agrees with you.
I lost 15 right off the bat the 1st year uffff all day long that heat and sweating. NOw my body
Has gotten used to the heat..but those pesky mosquitos are another story.

Figz wrote:

Hi Rey, yes we do all that..they come for a week, we go there to NY..
All and all its not the same. I'm really missing my family unit..i miss some of the customs
Of which i lived for so many years. NO Es LO MISMO...after 3 yrs here now i feel lonely.
My husband was raised here till he was 18. I was born here but left @age 6.
But I'm missing my lil grandson so much..my husband says he WILL NOT GO BACK.
So i have a tough task ahead of me. Going back and forth you do spend alot of money.
I think the worst thing in the world is being in a place and having your heart in another.
I'm in between two worlds..😩😩hahaahah oh let me stop, hey if my family was here i
Wouldn't even think about NY, pero no es asi. Have a great sunday, and congratulations i
See your dream finally  came true.. Also You lost a lot of weight, P.R agrees with you.
I lost 15 right off the bat the 1st year uffff all day long that heat and sweating. NOw my body
Has gotten used to the heat..but those pesky mosquitos are another story.

I am sorry you are in such a rough spot emotionally, Family vs Husband. You can plan your trips well ahead and get cheap tickets so that would help. Also I seen some specials from time to time targeting NY and Florida.

My wife is heading to the states in a few days for 20 days so we understand, however other than her daughter, she is not super close with the rest of the family. I am retired so I take my wife places often so she is not bored and try to have her feel like she is on a permanent vacation. That seems to go a long way. Her daughter also visits us from time to time.

Wish you luck whatever decision you make.
Rey

Thank you so much for your words.