Medical

Hi, my partner and i are coming to vung tau in june for 3mths. What i would like to ask is should we pay $300 in aust for typhoid and hep a or wait till we get there and find a clinic or hospital that will do them cheaper than here. Knowing we risk infection in the intron.  Thanks Annie Daz

Typhoid shot needs to be injected at least two weeks before travel date.  Hep A vaccines are 2 shots that are given 6 months apart. 

Whether you need the vaccines, only you can decide, but having the shots after arriving here for a stay of 3 months is probably not very effective. 

If you still want to do that, however, it would be least expensive at Institut Pasteur in Saigon or Hanoi (there's also one in Nha Trang but you won't land near it).  At approximately 215K per Hep A shot and 245K for Typhoid, it's the least expensive and safest way to receive vaccines in VN. 

Hospitals in VT would cost more and there's no guarantee that the vaccines are available at all time (a dose of tetanus shot couldn't be found anywhere when my husband needed it last year).

Thank you for that, maybe we should sort before we go