S pass and Student pass application at tha same time.

Hi,

If I lodge a S pass application and a Student pass application at the same time, what would happen?

Thanks.

In last thread, I had responded to your similar question. First and foremost, concentrate on one thing at a time. But looking at your previous thread and this question, it doesn't look like your intention is to study in Singapore.

As I said last time, student pass will be issued at ICA, which clearly states that you shouldn't work under any circumstances unless your institution is in the listing where weekends or summer jobs are allowed.

So, applying together at the same time will contradict but you can apply. Selection process will be based on the various benchmarks set up at ICA and MoM.

Before you post any such questions, I would recommend start looking previous threads and gather information.

This a free site where expats can post their query, we have two volunteers (myself and Beppi) who are responding everyone's query as part of our volunteering work to help each of you.

So, we expect people should spend time to read through our existing discussions in various threads to help themselves to understand how the things are working here, in order for us to avoid responding multiple times to similar queries. Thanks

Thank you for the response Surya.

I understand your concern. I will avoid posting such questions in the future.

Thanks.

While it is formally possible to apply for a student and work pass at the same time (because they are handled by different government agencies), you cannot seriously want both:
- Application of a work pass requires you having agreed to work for a company(and signed a contract with them, which you would have to break if you become student in the end.
- Application for a student pass requires you having accepted entry into a university or school, which you would not honour if you decide to work instead.
I personally think such dishonest behaviour is morally questionable and I hope you will not succeed with it. But is may fit into the local culture of "kiasu"-ism (google it!).

Hi Beppi,

Is it morally that bad, if a student goes for a job, if he gets a job opportunity?

It happens in universities all around right? University students drop out from their courses if they got a good job opportunity.

On the other hand, people resign from their jobs, if they think they might want to study more.

I was not aware that this is called as 'dishonest' in Singapore. It is a strong word.

I seriously want to study to gain more qualification in my field. But while doing that, if I get an intriguing job opportunity, I am going to change my full time course to part time and cancel my Student Visa.

Is it that bad?

You seem to be unaware that there are always more applicants than university places. Thus by taking a place and abandoning it later, you do not only waste the school‘s (limited) resources, but you might also deprive somebody of his chance for a higher education.
When done out of a whim or greediness,  I think it's morally doubtful, but you can just call it kiasu if you want.

Hi Beppi,

I really appreciate the time you and Surya devote to help out people by answering the questions in this forum.

But in this case I disagree, and I guess we are entitled to have our own opinions. 😊

1. This is a private university, and they ususally do not have enough students to start a course, unless we pay money. There is no such dire competetion, that if I get in to the University, someone else would lose their place. There is more than enough space for more people for the Masters degree I am interested in doing.

2. Also this is not a scholarship, and this is a paid course. I pay for my resources. In that way, I also help the University to keep offering this course, which allows others to get education in future.

3. I have no intention of dropping out from the course after paying thousands and since I want to complete my masters anyway. I would convert it to part time at the most. In any case, I would not be able to retrieve the money I paid. So it would stay within the University. The loss would be mine, not the University's.

But like I said, we are entitled to have our own opinions, and we try to judge things based on our conditionings. Therefore I do not wish to continue to justify myself.

Wish you good luck and keep helping people.

Thanks.