English/Mandarin Speaker Jobs

Hi There

Does anyone know if there are jobs in Mauritius for English/Mandarin speakers?

Hi Dani Erasmus Zinn,

Welcome to Expat.com!

First of all, i invite you to read the Mauritius expat guide to know more about the procedure and how to find jobs in Mauritius :

Please download the guide here : https://www.expat.com/en/guide/pdf/21_mauritius/

Good luck,
Christine

Hi Christine

Thanks so much, I've been using the site since last year and have made some good connections through it already. I have read the guide but perhaps not thoroughly enough. Is there something that I'm missing? I'm living in Mauritius and wanting my sister to come live here as well, that's why I'm enquiring about Mandarin since she speaks English and Mandarin and another local told me that that could be a plus for her regarding jobs. I just don't know what type of fields an english/mandarin speaker could work in here.

Thanks again
Dani

Hi,

An Engish/Mandarin speaker can find job in any economic sector or company which focuses on trade/partnership/client dealing with China. It can be in hotels that receives a lot of Chinese tourists, an import company involving Chinese trades/manufacturers/suppliers, financial services, language or other cultural organisations with emphasis on Chinese culture, etc.

However knowing the language won't be enough due to the conditions that surround foreign employment, She will need additional competencies or skills.

Thanks for such a great response WinstonH. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Lots of projects from industrial to real estate and hospitality are being launched by Chinese companies and promoters in Mauritius recently.

There will be many job openings for English/Mandarin speakers.