Moving to Ensenada

Hello, my husband and I have decided to move to Ensenada by the end of this year. We have a baby that is 4 months old and a dog. Our family is from Paradise California and we would like to make Mexico our permanent home but we are always willing to change our mind if need to. I'm actually pretty nervous but excited about the move. Please can anyone give me their input on housing and owning your own business there. Maybe also what colonias are best to live in. I am aware that Mexico itself is very loud and happy, but I would definitely like a more quiet not so loud with dogs barking all the time. . I know we have a dog but he is very quiet and mellow. I am thinking of possibly having a wine tasting/ gift store...mayyybe if we can on the same property that we rent (maybe in the future buy property) I am a mexican citizen so it is a little easier to get started. We are on a budget so we need to save the most we can. Thank you so much and I appreciate any advice.

Best vibes, Jasmin * Gary

Hi, if I m,ay, I would suggest you contact the Mexican consulate in your area. Especially since you are a Mexican citizen but not your husband and baby and that your intention is to work.

My experience with the consulate in Montreal, Quebec, Canada was very good, they are very knowledgeable and responsive.

Adios y buena suerte en su proyecto, GyC.

Hi, I will have to do that. To be honest I had not thought of that possibility, our closes consulate is in Sacramento Ca. Muchas gracias! 

J C

Please tell me that you were able to find a good place in Ensenada before March 2020. 🙏🏾🌷

@ Little Warrior :

I regret but this topic is quite old (2019)
I would advise you to create a new thread in the Mexico forum and to ask all your questions.
Active members might be able to help you.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team