Discovering the philippines

Hello, This is a first for me so I hope you can help me. I am interested to move to the Philippines. First I want to travel the country to discover it. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to buy a scooter in, lets say Manilla, travel the country and sell it in another location?
I ask this because in some countries (ie Indonesia) this is impossible because being a foreigner yoy can not own anything there!
I would like to pick up a scooter in one place and see as much of the country as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Aad

Hi
The Philippines is 7000 plus islands with very little infrastructure to support what you're asking! You will need to travel by ferry a lot and that will cause you to miss more then you will see! If you have a lot of time to do this you might see most of Luzon in about 6 months!

if you think its cheaper and convenient to buy a scooter than to hop on and off with other mode of transportation in touring philippines..think again.

its possible to scoot philippines around but not practical and very time consuming...

the entire philippines are spread out with bodies of water..not the whole country can provide you a bridge if you need one.