Have I shot Father Christmas?

Last weekend, hours of videos were shot at different 'centers'. Is this a new fad, parents wanting to see their kids speak English?

* One girl kept making some mistake and the Vietnamese TA became irate. I hugged her and tried to convey that it's okay[i], fearing she will be put off English[/i] or even be traumatized.

*In a class for 9 year olds, 4 flash cards were the topic of the day. Too little for these kids. But when I wanted to use new words and sing some song, the TA intervened and blocked all efforts to i. make the class more fun. she wouldn't even let me show a video where a very shy boy meets an outgoing, bubbly girl (UP, Carl meets Ellie).

Frustrated, I complained to the manager who had hired me.

Guess I won't be called ever again. But I meant well.
---

YELLING to cover up bad pronunciation? Yep.

Why hire a dog and bark yourself, I want to ask these TAs. How often do Vietnamese teachers mess up things by mis-pronouncing words?!??

The whole concept of LEARNING seems awful in rural settings. And the minds are okay, the kids are far from stupid. Learning stories & phrases would be my choice.

Oh well. Who pays the piper, calls the tune!

Hope some of you will share your experiences.

One girl kept making some mistake and the Vietnamese TA became irate. I hugged her and tried to convey that it's okay, fearing she will be put off English or even be traumatized.

*In a class for 9 year olds,

Call me odd, but that sounds like a really bad idea.
If that was my daughter, I'd be calling the police right after visiting the school to find out how a man had got so close to my kid.

No accusations here, just your admissions.