Family Visas and Agents

Hi there!

My British husband and I are moving to Bahrain in June. We will both be on working visas.

Our son will be joining us in late July and we will be looking to sponsor him as a dependant. Is there anyway we can sponsor him WITHOUT getting our company involved? Can we go to the LMRA ourselves for an appointment with the necessary documentation? Or apply online via the LMRA E-Support website? Has anyone ever done this?

Otherwise, can anyone recommend any visa agents of whom can undertake this process or assist us?

Thank you so much

:)

Your company must support for dependent visa. No other way.

Thanks you for your speedy response! In the interests of not annoying our employers, would you perhaps know if this is a difficult process? Of course we would pay and organise all the relevant paper work but other than that, is it overly time consuming for the employers?

Thank you again :)

Hi,
No it is not, its a standard process which every employer has to follow.

T&R

As mentioned, it is standard process.

The employer files an online application on the LMRA EMS system (Not E-support but Expat Management system which only companies have access to).   This application has all the necessary documents attached to it i.e. attested birth certificate, marriage certificate, passport copies etc.  Once approved, the visa costs 90 BD for 2 years and there is a one time fee of 5 BD for the application.   Then the dependent starts showing on the CR under the employee in the EMS system.

There is, as I said, ABSOLUTELY no other way to get a dependent visa without getting your company involved as the application will be made by them.  Even if you make a paper application at LMRA counter; the authorized person for the company will have to go with you to stamp and sign it.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, it is appreciated!! :)

Welcome.  The process, if you are organized, takes all of 5 minutes on EMS - to apply.  I have done it personally for my kids through my CR.

The only trick is to have all documents in JPEG format and LESS than 200 KB otherwise the system will not accept them.

You need scans of:

Dependent passport
Dependent birth certificate with attestation by Bahrain Embassy in home country
Passport of sponsor i.e. father or mother (if mother is on a profession that can sponsor children e.g. investor - in which case an NOC is required from Father; it's a pain as you have to go to the notary in GOSI mall, spend 2-3 hours and then go to MOFA attestation office to get it attested. So would recommend for Father to sponsor)
Sometimes they also ask for the residence permit of the mother to be uploaded as well