S pass got rejected eventhough I was offered the required salar

Hello,

I am a diploma holder in IT and have 4 years of work experience. I was searching for a job in Singapore, and I gof offered a position lately. The online tool showed that 2700SGD would be enough for a S pass for my qualifications. But it was in the margin (2600 was not enough)

So the company applied for a S pass with 2700 salary, and it got rejected. Is it because the salary was in the margin? Isn't the online tool really accurate in calculating the required salary?

So should I ask for a higher salary next time? If that is the case, what would be a good salary margin according to your guess? Please help me. Thanks a lot.

The SAT tool is accurate regarding the salary threshold, but it can and does not takle into consideration all the other potential rejection reasons. You can read related discussions on this forum to find out what they are.

Thanks a lot for the reply. So my salary being in the margin is not the problem? So is it related to my personal profile? I have no records of offences in Singapore. What would be example issues would Authorities have with my personal profile? Would it mean if I apply again witha higher salary offer I would be rejected again? Kindly help me please

There are many potential rejection reasons, some related to your personal profile, some to the company, some others. Read related discussions on this forum to find out what they are.
A future application has a chance if the current rejection reason(s) are absent.

Hi Beppi,

Again thanks for the reply.

I can understand there might be company related issues.

So I would like to ask, if my salary is in the required range, and I have conducted no offences in Singapore, what would be examples for my profile related issues? Can you kindly provide some examples? (Assume there is no problem with the company)

Thanks a lot for your time.

It is impossible to figure out what might be wrong with your profile without knowing it.
Read related discussions on this forum to find out potential rejection reasons.

There could be any reason, below are few potentials:
1. S pass quota availability at employer
2. Employer's pas record while hiring foreigners
3. Information discrepancy between original documents and declarations
4. Valid rationale from employer to hire a foreigner along with provide proofs that locally they had tried but didn't get skills as per the job scope
5. Adverse record of employee
6. Any fake certificate or incorrect declaration or fake
institution
7. Salary mismatch in the market in line with employee's experiences and education

and so on.

Any of the event would trigger a rejection. Good luck

8. Mismatch between job requirements and candidate's background
9. MoM wants more locals to be employed in the employer's industry (see recent news about reduction of foreigners' numbers)
10. Feedback (or missing thereof) from candidate's educational institutes or past employers during vetting stage
11. Nationality and race of candidate
12. ... (probably many more that MoM does not publish)

Thank you Beppi and Surya. It was a great help. Thank you for taking time to answer my question