Moving to Doha family of 4 salary package

Hi all

Appreciate your advice as I know there might not be a right answer but seeking to get a rough sense check.

I am married with one girl (13 months) and another one the way (due August).

I have been offered a monthly package of 30,000 QAR (basic salary, accommodation, food etc).

The is position is within healthcare.

Is this a fair salary? My instinct is that I can push them further. My basic monthly salary in the UK (before tax) is 24,000 QAR. 

They are also only offering me a single contract rather than family. I have clearly started I would only be interested in family contract. They said I can bring my family at my own expense and apply for family visa permit once I'm there.

Rent is so expensive in Doha and I suspect 40% would go towards that.

Many thanks
Phil

Hi, I have been living in doha for almost 4 years , I am living for good with my husband soon.  Here is the cost of living suggestion from my experience :
1. For rent , you can find cheap one maybe less than 6000 qr for 3 bedrooms, but usually europeans don't live there . There are some nice areas westerners like, the pearl, west bay, and some villa compound . I am living in the pearl, the rent has been decreasing a lot because many expects are leaving .  Now you can find 2 bed room apartment about 10500 qr ( tower 18),  three bed room plus a maid room is about 16000 qr or lower .
If you want villa, prices range from 12000-18000 qr ( of courser there are more expensive ones).
2. Water electricity internet will cost about 1000 qr. if you live in the pearl, you have to pay qatar cool , 400-700 qr depends on apartment size.
3. Food ,depends . My husband and I spend about 2000 qr for shopping in carrefour ( including food and households), and another 2000 qr in the restaurant ( we don't drink alcohol , alcohol is very expensive here ) . one of my friend who has 3 kids , her family spend about 10000 qr for food for 5 people( I think they eat too much though )
4 transportation . You need to buy a car, or maybe two , because the public transpiration is very poor here .  You will drive or take tax.  The car and gasoline is cheap here . My husband's company pay for his gasoline, and I take taxi, maybe 500 qr each month
5. Nursery , I don't have kids , i don't know . Many companies pay for the school , but not nursery .
6. I think most of companies will sign family contract, so company will pay your families' medical insurance and flight tickets . You will have to spend much more money if you sign single contract. And don't let company tell you your wife can use the public hamad hospital, yes it is very cheap, but you don't want to wait for 1 month for a reservation . There is only one puclic hospital , i believe most of people use private hospital here .
7. I think 30000 qr/ month enough or not depends on your rent budget , and how much bonus extra you will get .