Any Job for an english speaker in Netherlands?

Hello, i'm currently working in Dubai and i'm planning to take my exam this september. But i want to know if there is an any job for those people who can speak english? Let me know

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Some multinational companies work in English.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I saw couple of english speaking jobs online. Cynic is right, there is a lot of multinational companies here. The catch is if it is in your field or are you qualified and if you like the job or not. Netherlands is a competitive country meaning there is lots of job opportunity. Goodluck!

Hello, thank you so much. What is cynic btw?

Hi again.

Cynic is one of the people who will try and answer any questions you may have.  :top:

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi  cynic

I m from Europe  and speak very fluent English
I have 10 years experience in logistics and Graduate in commerce and economic
I m looking to migrate to Netherlands
Can you pls clarify below
Can I find sharing space for 300 Eu per month somewhere in suburbs and easy connected by train to main cities
And how difficult it is to get job initially  don't mind doing any type of job

Hi I m Europe citizen and graduate in commerce with experience of 10 years in logistics
I m planning to move to Netherlands for job
What are the scope of getting job as I can speak very good English  I m ready to do any type of job initial
Secondly  can I find sharing room in a budget of 300 Eu per month in outskirts and easily connected by train

Sayad786 wrote:

Hi  cynic

I m from Europe  and speak very fluent English
I have 10 years experience in logistics and Graduate in commerce and economic
I m looking to migrate to Netherlands
Can you pls clarify below
Can I find sharing space for 300 Eu per month somewhere in suburbs and easy connected by train to main cities
And how difficult it is to get job initially  don't mind doing any type of job

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

As an EU passport holder, you have the right to live and work anywhere in the EU, so it's just finding the job.  Not speaking Dutch will be problematic and will pretty much limit you to something like order picking in a warehouse on a temporary contract; you say you have 10 years Logistics experience; that can cover a massive spread of roles from order picking in a warehouse, to running a warehouse/distribution operation, so perhaps you could be a bit more specific in what your experience is.  My background/degree is distribution/logistics, so I know more than a bit about it.

I always have doubts when people say "don't mind doing any type of job" as my experience is that it generally means they have no useful experience and are just trying to make themselves more attractive to any potential recruiter, so I'd advise you to remove that from any CV or cover letter you submit.  When people recruit anybody, it's because they have the relevant experience/skillset they are looking for; if the job advert says fork-truck driver, then they want to know about that, not that you worked in finance.

Rental accommodation in the Netherlands is always in short supply and because of this it's expensive; we have a housing section (top of this page) where you may find something; failing that use something like Airbnb when you first arrive until you can find something you like and can afford.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thks for your reply
Regarding my logistics experience is from coordinating with suppliers   Documentation clearance of shipments  and getting it shipped to the end user ( import Export Coordination)
I have read that Netherlands is main hub for logistics in Europe that's why I want to settle and grow in my field
Which area in Netherlands have more warehouses and logistics companies
I said  any type of work because initially I will have difficulties  to get job of my choice without Dutch
And to survive I have to do any type of job at the beginning
I was going through housing  there is nothing I could find @ 300 Eur sharing  it's really expensive
Could you please tell me what I need to do from the day I land  I mean do I need any kind of government registration

Sayad786 wrote:

Thks for your reply

Could you please tell me what I need to do from the day I land  I mean do I need any kind of government registration

Hi again,

Can you please clarify your nationality?

Cynic
Expat Team

I'm from Portugal
What is scope for logistics jobs in Netherlands
And which part of Netherlands has more warehouse and logistics companies

Hi again.

There are plenty of Logistics related jobs in the Netherlands; Rotterdam is one of the biggest ports in the EU with a lot of import and export work going on.

Your difficulty will be in that you don't speak Dutch, so it will limit what you can do to the more menial jobs.  My advice would be to use something like LinkedIn and reach out to your colleagues and peers in the Netherlands, ask them if there are any opportunities where they are working and if so the contact details for the company they are working for.

There is not a lot of point in using the agencies because the moment they realise you don't speak Dutch and can't start work tomorrow, they will lose interest in you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thks once again for ur frank advice
If I learn basic Dutch do u think it will be helpful

Sayad786 wrote:

Thks once again for ur frank advice
If I learn basic Dutch do u think it will be helpful

Hi again.

It's probably the single most useful thing you can do.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Ok let me try and  learn some  basics
Is it difficult to speak Dutch and can it be learnt by watching videos on u tube

Hi again.

If your native tongue is Portuguese and you also speak English, then you should not have a problem learning another language, although when I started learning a 3rd, I sometimes got some vocabulary mixed up which was kind of embarrassing.

Yes, there are some videos on YouTube, search for "Naar Nederland".

The hardest thing will be trying to disguise your native accent, but if you're any good at mimicry, you can quite quickly overcome that.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thks