How to ship belongings from US to Philippines?

do you think that the best to use LBC?  i use to have a guy who would send box from usa to philipines by boat cargo takes 1 month but he quite because he was not making enough money so now i need to send a box by cargo in a boat it ok if it take 1 month to get there from UAS California to  calubian leyte philippines? and if u say LBC still how much does it cost the web site does not say the rate by cargo boat

Cheap is a relative term in the long distance shipping world and I'd be hesitant to trust all my belongings to a company that offered the rock bottom cheapest price. After all, they're moving everything you own and you're putting your trust in them, though I do understand trying to save a buck. My brother in law relocated to the Philippines two years ago and used this company https://www.a1autotransport.com/moving-to-philippines/ so you might try them just to see how their prices compare to others. He didn't seem to have any problems with them so I assume everything went as expected. Good luck!

If you are married to a filipina, you can send what's called 'balikbayan boxes' from any number of shipping sources in North America. We recently used Forex that may have offices in the States also.
We received our 7 boxes both intact and only the handle of our heavy cast iron pan poked through the rough handling official boxes go through. With only 2 boxes left to open, only a poorly packed small glass food container was broken. When packing your stuff, use towels and other forms of padding to ensure safe and intact arrival?
If you know any filipino friends or know any pinoy at your local bank, restaurant or hotel, ask them and they will likely try to help you with info on how to proceed Stateside? Most of them likely send stuff home to their  poorer family members and will know a reliable carrier if you qualify. But most of those balikbayan shipping companies want $, and likely don't care that you are a westerner, and likely won't ask questions if you aren't closely connected to a filipino over here.
What you must have is a forwarding address and contact phone number of someone in the Phils so that when your boxes arrive, they will call them or you for delivery to the address of your choice (usually free as part of their service).
As for costs, we paid C$100/standard larger box (4'x2'x2'), $10/small (2'x2'x15") and $15/tube for rugs, quilts, etc. (can get them at Home Depot for $5 each). The boxes they use are thick and durable, but everyone reinforces them, esp. the bottoms and tops with quality clear shipping tape (Home Depot, Staples, etc.). If you use duct tape, it may melt in transit and weaken your intended purpose. So don't bother? As it won't smear, leave some space for writing the address and Phil contact numbers on the outside cardboard of the box for the receiving company to use? If sending fragile stuff, just wrap it well? The shipping handlers turn these boxes on end and elsewise as they stash in their large shipping containers, etc.
Not sure what else may help you, but make sure your source at the other end is honest and reliable. Some hotels or restaurants might let you use their contact numbers if you reward them for the service, but a trustworthy friend here is likely best. Providing more than one contact number on the outside of the box and on the bill of lading might be helpful.
Good luck...

robhankins :

I am contemplating retirement in the Phils. I am married to a filipina. Does anyone know how best (cheapest) to send personal belongings to the Phils?

As mentioned already, it depends on how much you are shipping. IMO you should not ship any appliances or electronics that only use 110v. Power transformers here are expensive and use a lot of current, I know from experience 😔. If I had it to do over again I would not ship 80% of what we did again. Unless they are very personal items or items that you can't get here.

hi, just wanted to clarify, if the possible expenses listed are in pesos or in dollars?

zincity :
robhankins :

I am contemplating retirement in the Phils. I am married to a filipina. Does anyone know how best (cheapest) to send personal belongings to the Phils?

As mentioned already, it depends on how much you are shipping. IMO you should not ship any appliances or electronics that only use 110v. Power transformers here are expensive and use a lot of current, I know from experience 😔. If I had it to do over again I would not ship 80% of what we did again. Unless they are very personal items or items that you can't get here.

I have shipped many  110V appliances to the Philippines, this response is typed from 110V
laptop.

The solution is easy and cheap without any transformer. There are many youtube videos showing you how, or you can hire an electrician (cheap).  At my house the outlets are marked 110V & 220V.

You don't need an electrician to rewire your whole house, most of you appliances will be in the kitchen. This thread is over a year old

jemil2k :

from US to philippines 40 footer van we collect 200k pesos all in. feel free to contact me if u want to bring ur personal belongings to philippines.  thanks. jemil

Hi I would like to get a quote. I would apprecate it.