Up-to-date prices on visa-renewal

I know there are a lot of posts about tourist visa renewal, which suggest a price of around $65USD. I wanted to post a new thread because I think the prices have changed, or have they? I have asked at several places in Hanoi (Tayho and old quarter) and the lowest I get is $90USD. This is for a 1-month extension to a three-month multi-entry tourist visa. Can anyone confirm your 2019 prices?

The other posts suggest that all of this is negotiatble, but I haven't gotten anyone to budge.

cocobipbip wrote:

I know there are a lot of posts about tourist visa renewal, which suggest a price of around $65USD. I wanted to post a new thread because I think the prices have changed, or have they? I have asked at several places in Hanoi (Tayho and old quarter) and the lowest I get is $90USD. This is for a 1-month extension to a three-month multi-entry tourist visa. Can anyone confirm your 2019 prices?

The other posts suggest that all of this is negotiatble, but I haven't gotten anyone to budge.

I highly doubt you can 'negotiate' a price with any visa agent.

You can, however, shop around.

The agent's fee is totally arbitrary from one company to another.

While shopping for a different type of visa, I saw prices between $99.00 and $800.00.

If the fee is going up it's likely because demand is going up.

You will also see higher prices in those two foreigner friendly areas than you will on a website.

When I was there in August and September, I noticed how high the prices were in storefront agent shops.

Most important consideration is NOT price.

Trustworthiness is most important.

Determine which agent you trust the most, and pay the extra $25.00, if $90.00 is the best rate you can find.

Hmm, I understand what you are saying. I guess I don't really have one person I trust aside from the online-website I originally used.

Please private message me, if anyone has a trusted visa-agent in the Hanoi/Tay-ho area.

Thanks for the reply

cocobipbip wrote:

Hmm, I understand what you are saying. I guess I don't really have one person I trust aside from the online-website I originally used.

Please private message me, if anyone has a trusted visa-agent in the Hanoi/Tay-ho area.

Thanks for the reply

Done

Just to follow up on my earlier post:
- I ended up paying $90USD from a company downtown Hanoi. I can share the name if people are interested. This was the cheapest I could find. Most other places quoted $120.

The extension is just a stamp apparently, not a new visa. I hope that is okay...

Thanks everyone for your replies and information :)