Where is best moderate temp small town...HELP!

i am seriously thinking of moving to nicaragua - who can tell me where the most moderate temp town is and where an expat would feel comfortable - i'm beginnign spanish lessons so until i feel stronger with that i need english speaker support!!
I'll have my little cat with me and we both don't care for high temps

Both small and moderate are subject to interpretation. That said, here are my feelings on this.

If small means from 20 to 50,000, my two suggestions are Jinotega and Somoto. Somoto is warmer but not really hot. Jinotega is more like what you might have expected in the US old west 150 years ago. Not a bad place and friendly enough.

I particularly like Somoto because it has been transitioning from just a small town into a nice small town. New Alcaldia (city offices) with tramos (small business stands) integrated into it. Nice park. Interesting history. And, once again, friendly.

Matagalpa hands down is the best town in Northern Nicaragua. It is larger than Jinotega . But offers just about everything you need. very safe and is the 2ns largest economy in Nicaragua . Write me off line if you need more info [email protected]