Yellow Fever vaccine requirement traveling from South America

Hello,

I am traveling to Bangkok in June with 2 small children( 6months and 3yrsold). We are currently living in Brazil. I read that a person is required a yellow fever vaccine to enter Thailand, if a person is coming from South America.

Anyone in this group has traveled recently from South America and was denied entry to Thailand because they have no vaccine certificate?

Thank you in advance.

You cannot enter Thailand from South America without a current Yellow fever certificate. If you arrive without one they will administer the vaccine before letting you enter. Or you can choose to return to Brazil without entering.

My advice is to get the shot before you come.

I cannot get my kids vaccinated since they are injured...
Is it possible to arrive in another country maybe like Singapore or Japan and stay there for 2weeks before going to Thailand. Will this work?

It depends on what you are using for travel documents. If your passports or country of residence is in South America (Brazil) then this will not work. If you have passports from another country that is not part of the Yellow vaccine requirement this will work. In fact you don't need to stay there, you only need for your originating flight to be from there.