Rude behavior at a high-rise apartment tower

This family kindly invited me. Lovely people, but I would hate to have them as neighbors:

* The door sstayed open
* The TV was set to suit a partially deaf person
* Dad opted to play ball games in the hall way, slamming the ball down hard, making very LOUD NOISES.
*SCREAMING by kids and adults seems common, even if people are standing nearby? That seems to be a cultural thing.
* At night, loud music was coming out of some other flat. Seems the combination of noise & an open door is what people just do.
* At my condo complex in Bangkok, leaving shoes outside was banned.

That said, I wouldn't want to buy over here.

A friend had a lovely house, but the neighbor bred dogs for restaurants. Sorry, I would prefer a tent in some quiet rice field to that.

Zoning? A hotline to call the city council?  :P

The reason I have never lived in an apartment here is the lack of respect from neighbors.

The more expensive apartment blocks may be better, but living in a house is a much better option for me.

Unfortunately, I know what you are talking about. It is not uncommon.
My Vietnamese friend explained to me that vietnamese people have a different experience with "common spaces" than, say, most westerners. It has both good and bad manifestations. Like, all the public gyms and parks which are very-well utilized and fun. But also, the common corridors in an apartment, or the lobby of an apartment, is also abused, especially noise. I got used to it, honestly.