Rejected Entry into Singapore on tourist visa

Hi,

My friend was coming to Singapore on tourist visa for 15 days and was about to stay with us, But he was denied entry at immigration saying you will search for job in Singapore so he is in airport and they will deploy him back to India.

What we/he should so he can enter into singapore for a visit. He is sure that he will not look for job here.

Thanks

You didn't mention the crucial part of this message. Was it first time he was traveling to Singapore? If yes, then I'm surprised to know that he was denied to enter here.

But, if he has traveled few times in recent months then officer will look into suspicious, unless he is visiting on conference or work related.

If you read earlier threads, you will come to know that we have answered many times to your query. To repeat again that reach out ICA by writing email (check previous thread in this category, ICA email link was shared) , mention about this incident and request when he can able to visit Singapore. Once you get a positive response from ICA, then he can visit along with email response. Good luck

Hi,

He is first time visitor. We are also surprised because this thing never happened that they deploy back. In suspicion they sometimes keep in side room and ask few questions separately and allow to enter but deploying back is totally different.

Now we don't know what to do for him.

Did you check our previous responses in Singapore forum? I have provided many times ICA contact details. See below link:

https://www.ica.gov.sg/technical

Kindly avoid sending private message as we don't encourage sending such messages to us. All the communication should be in public forum so that others can get benefits in future. Good luck

Private sent by mistake, was going through queries but wasn't getting link so asked, anyway already sent mail to ICA, waiting for their reply as the person has already been deported back to his country plus charged for everything. His was first time so we were concerned about it.

Thanks