Singapore Student visa application rejected 2 times

Hello all, My institute applied for student pass application two times, but both times it got rejected. Almost month before I applied for first time.
What should I do now?? Please someone guide me. Also if I appeal, how many weeks it will take to come result. Hoping reply from anyone.

Try to find another institution who is reputed and recognised by MoM.

In your present case, nothing much can be done as your student pass with the same institution was rejected twice already. Try to speak your institution to check with MoM, to find out the reason for rejection. Only then you can appeal with valid rationale. If the reason is due to institution then better follow my first point I.e. try to find luck in a reputed institution here. Good luck

@surya...Thank you for your reply.  I am going to talk to my institute today only.
But if my visa rejected 2 times it will be okay if I applied for new institute again?
Both times ICA didn't give reason of rejection.
Should I appeal to ICA with same institute or should I apply to new college?

As I said, speak to the institution administrator to check with MoM for the reason (if they don't know yet). If the reason is the institution recognition at MoM then better apply under a recognised institution in Singapore.

Yes I had talk with them. They said they will get letter on monday so they will decide what action to take next either appeal or anything?
Do you know what is procedure of appeal and how many weeks it will take?
Also can i get tourist visa during my appeal against rejection?

Your student pass rejection has no impact on tourist visa approval process.

Appealing without rectifying the issue of rejection had no value. So, wait and find out the reason before appealing. Appeal can be applied by your institution with valid rationale at MoM site. It depends from a week to a month or even more. There is no hard line rules to tell exact days will take during appeal but should be faster than the usual verification at the time of applying first time. Good luck

Note: Please avoid sending PM as we don't encourage sending to us. Every discussion has to be in public forum so that others will get benefits in future.

Surya: You wrote "MoM" several times in this thread.. To my knowledge, student passes are applied for and issued by ICA, not MoM.
If so, "MoM" in your above posts should be replaced by "ICA". (But I agree to the rest of their content and the advice you gave.)

beppi wrote:

Surya: You wrote "MoM" several times in this thread.. To my knowledge, student passes are applied for and issued by ICA, not MoM.
If so, "MoM" in your above posts should be replaced by "ICA". (But I agree to the rest of their content and the advice you gave.)

Agreed Beepi. Sorry, it was typo. Should be read as ICA instead. Thanks for correcting.

Hey all, I talked to one of visa agent whose contact given by my friend. He said I got 2 rejection for student pass , if I get another rejection then I will be banned for 5 years to enter in Singapore.
Is it true??? Should I apply to different college in Singapore or should I go to different country?
Please help

Vvs1901 wrote:

if I get another rejection then I will be banned for 5 years to enter in Singapore.
Is it true???

I have never heard about this and don't believe it to be true.
But of course you should keep your options open and also apply in other countries.

Please follow what I said in my first reply. To know the reason of rejection. As you never disclosed the institution name, so I am unable to comment but there are many unknown or lower ranked institutions have opened up their bussiness to attract students here, ICA won't recognise those institutions and won't give student passes so frequently to them.

It's always recommended to try a better institution here where getting approval of student passe is much higher. Good luck

Note: About 5yrs ban is theoretically not possible as those kind of bans are given to people involved in criminal activities or scams or any other serious offenses. Never come across a person banned for 1 year even because his or her student pass was rejected three times (leave alone 5yrs ban).

Sorry for my mistake. I applied in STEi institute Pte Ltd for Diploma level course.
Now I am thinking of applying for Post graduate diploma or advance diploma course in London school of business and finance.
I completed bachelor degree in india as highest education.

Possibly applying diploma course which are meant for undergraduate students could be the reason of rejection.

Anyway these institutions do not come under premiere institutions list here, so getting students pass is always challenging.

Okay thank you for advice. I will update about my status.

Current Update :
I talked with my last institute : STEi institute Pte Ltd. They said might be I am graduate and applied for diploma course that's why ICA rejected the application.
So they are still saying we will appeal for it.
But am not against it.
What u suggest??? Should I appeal?

Meanwhile I am searching for suitable course for me and going to apply for Advance diploma course.
What u suggest? Should I apply to other institute with advance diploma course now?
What will be rejection chances?

Current update :
I applied in London School of Business and Finance for post graduate course in Business studies.
College applied  visa on 5th April and visa get rejected .
Reasons of rejection is due to last 2 application with previous get rejected.
My previous college provided wrong information due to which application got rejected.

Now am not applying to any course in any college. Currently looking for the job through online portal and agents.
I want to know if I applied for Visit visa, so there are any chances of rejection because of my student pass rejection??

Please help me out!!!

Hello all, My institute applied for student pass application  in March 2021,course intake month is June 2021 but i got rejected mail from ICA . And my husband also working in a Singapore for holding work permit pass , so that I put a sponcer name in my husband for my application , so it is one of the reason for rejection?or else anything?
What should I do now?? Please someone guide me. Also can I apply another college? If I apply new college can I get pass or not? Please help me
Hoping reply from anyone

mgayathri091 wrote:

And my husband also working in a Singapore for holding work permit pass , so that I put a sponcer name in my husband for my application , so it is one of the reason for rejection?

Almost certainly Yes - if your husband earns less than S$6000/month.
That is the minimum required to bring close family members (incl. spouse) - and your application was probably seen as attempt to circumvent that requirement.

Can I apply another college with sponcer my self and upload my bank statement. Is it the chance to approve my application or not? Kindly reply me

Can you tell me Which is the way for my application accept? Could I sponcer my self and my bank account
In new application for another college. Is it the chance to approve my application or anything ways can you tell me idea?

It is "sponsor", not "sponcer".
Since all past applications are recorded electronically and available to the processing officer at a mouse click, I do not think applying again will change anything. But your are welcome to try - and please report the results here, so we can all learn from it.

Can I apply appeal again in same college?its possible for acceptance or not? And after that I want clarification on bank statements which I was produced in ICA. Whether it is a current account or a savings account? My sponsor is my husband and I can send a six month statement to his savings account? Please guiding me anyone

Applying again with no change in circumstances is a waste of time, as it is certain to be rejected again.
The requirements for a student visa are published here:
https://www.ica.gov.sg/reside/STP/apply
In addition, as I said before, you will be rejected if there are suspicions that you are trying to circumvent the S$6000/month minimum income for DP. So I think you better wait until your husband earns that much, as it is also the minimum you will need to afford a reasonable lifestyle here.

Can I apply again in new college with my self in sponser name..and upload my bank statements. Is it possible to approve or not.

If there is a change in circumstances that removes the previous rejection reason, you may have a chance.
But as I said, you will be hard-pressed to remove the suspicion of trying to circumvent the DP requirements (which are there for good reason - or so the authorities think).

Hello all,

I'm currently in India and have a valid LTVP from Singapore, as I did my bachelor's in arts from Lasalle college of the arts and graduated last year.it was important for me to go back home so I left Singapore in December 2020.
I  got through  FZD SCHOOL OF ART for a  specialized DIPLOMA IN CONCEPT ART. I applied for a student pass application in Jan 2021,course intake month is June 2021 which got rejected from ICA. After discussing with the college I sent an appeal for my student pass to ICA for reconsidering my application in March 2021 which was also rejected.
my college states if i were to come back and apply for the student pass, there would be more of a chance to get the student pass... im not sure what i should do as i dont know why my appeal is being rejected and its making me extremly anxious. any advice is greatful !

Hello , My college applied for my student pass application  in Feb 2021 but i got rejected. Cos i had a overstayed record there cos of my first school internship employer. And I appealed the pass again, also rejected in March 2021. My college apply my pass wrongly again in this May (not even 3 mths yet). That one also rejected. .  So I got rejection for 3 times alr ..
What should I do now?? Please someone guide me. Can I apply again ? How many duration must wait to apply again? If I apply again in this October or December, is it possible to get approval ? What should I do right now? Pls anyone suggest me . I really want to study in Singapore .

Cara: With an overstay record, you will not under any circumstances get a pass approval - no matter how often or when you apply.
The only thing you can do is contact MoM or ICA (which one is the overstay record with?) and ask for how long you will be banned and if there is anything you can do to lift the ban.

Hi all, My collage is gonna apply for Student Visa for me. My husband is working in Singapore and he's a PR since 2016. I came to Singapore in 2017 and he applied LTVP for me. I got rejection that time probably the reason was that my husband was unemployed in that period. I appealed, and got rejection the second time. Then I came back to China and work there(no over stay in Singapore), my husband stayed and kept looking for jobs. In the latest four years my husband never get unemployed again. Will I be rejected again by ICA due to my two previous LTVP rejection records or other reasons(Like I might try to stay in Singapore with my husband after graduation)?

@safinafirth If the rejection reason was your husband's unemployment - and he now earns above the DP threshold (which will also be used for LTVP in your case), then you have a chance of approval (provided there are no other rejection reasons, of course).

Hi, i submitted my Student Pass twice. The first time i submitted and give to my agency to submit at the ICA, it got rejected. When i check my eform, the admin key in my information wrongly so i re-apply again with the same agency last Oct, and today i received it shows i got rejected again. What am i supposed to do? I ask my agent for my solar number to check my eform, they don't want to give it to me and they told me to write my own self appeal letter which i don't know how to do it. What am i supposed to do now?

@Suresh rsk You should try to convince the authorities

• that your main motivation to come to Singapore is to study, and NOT to live with your father (which won't be possible anyway, as WP holders must stay in company-provided premises).
  • that you have sufficient money to finance your studies and life in Singapore, without relying on your father's (very low) income. Note: No paid work is allowed on a student pass!

How long will it take for processing appeal?

I have applied on 03/10/2022 but still not received. Over 8 weeks completed. I have mailed ICA for status. They have informed that we will  take processing time of 4- 6 weeks and some application it may take longer time. but still not received outcome. please guide me on this?

@Suresh Kumar49 There is nothing you can do but wait (or cancel your application now). Patience is a virtue!