Student visa of Germany for permanent resident of Italy

Hi all
I am a non-EU citizen, living in Italy and in possession of permanent resident permit of Italy. I am planning to move to Germany for a German Language course (6 months) and afterwards I plan to search for a job there. I would like to know If I need an entrance visa?
Thank you

I am providing a link and an excerpt from the German Government website for immigration. It says that people from non-EU countries but with a residency in another EU country can study on a University level in Germany without getting an extra residency permit as long as the study-program is no longer than 360 days. If a study is planned for longer, then they have to apply to the German authorities at least 30 days before the planned arrival to start the study. One should look at the link because there are lots of details and requirements involved. It would however seem that anything less than a University level, say a vocational training or language course would require applying beforehand for a permit.

What is more uncertain is if you can then look for work without getting an extra work visa - if this is even possible. If one gets a full degree from a German University or does a full vocational training then it is usually allowed but not just because one took say a 6-month German course.

In the end it is always best to contact the German immigration authority to confirm your plans.

http://www.bamf.de/DE/Migration/Studier … -node.html

Mobilität

Für Drittstaatsangehörige, die sich zum Zweck des Studiums in der EU aufhalten, gelten erleichterte Mobilitätsbedingungen innerhalb der EU. So können Sie, sofern Ihnen bereits in einem anderen EU-Mitgliedstaat ein Aufenthaltstitel im Sinne der REST-Richtlinie (Richtlinie 2016/801/EU) erteilt wurde, sich ohne deutschen Aufenthaltstitel in Deutschland aufhalten und dort studieren. Die Mitgliedstaaten Großbritannien, Irland und Dänemark setzen die Richtline nicht um.

Voraussetzung für die Mobilität ist, dass der Aufenthalt zum Zweck des Studiums höchstens 360 Tage dauert. Außerdem muss die aufnehmende Hochschuleinrichtung in Deutschland eine Mitteilung an die Nationale Kontaktstelle im Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge schicken. Die Mitteilung sollte geschickt werden, sobald die Absicht feststeht, in Deutschland zu studieren. Sie muss der Nationalen Kontaktstelle mindestens 30 Tage vor der geplanten Einreise vollständig vorliegen.

Thank you for your reply and information
Best regards