Train from Saigon to Phan Thiết

Anyone here has ever used this train? I'm planning on taking my girlfriend to a nice resort in Mũi Né/Phan Thiết (Cham Villas) in May and would like to take the train and then a taxi to the resort, instead of the bus. I just want to make sure it's really worth it. I'll definitely be hiding in the resort because I just can't stand those Russian tourists.

Hey there!
I prefer going by train rather than bus. Chose cars with a bit higher price - the seats are Quite comfortable. And it's about 1hr faster than the bus. Well, depending on your luck :))) but then you need to take a taxi to Muine. It will be about 50-100k by bike and 200-300k by taxi.

Ps: I believe if you consider yourself as an expat and a “man of the world”, you shouldn't write anything in relation to any nations, whether it's Russians or any other nation “you cannot stand”. Or someone may share their opinion about your nation as well :) don't treat everyone alike. Good luck with your trip!

WillyBaldy wrote:

Anyone here has ever used this train? I'm planning on taking my girlfriend to a nice resort in Mũi Né/Phan Thiết (Cham Villas) in May and would like to take the train and then a taxi to the resort, instead of the bus. I just want to make sure it's really worth it. I'll definitely be hiding in the resort because I just can't stand those Russian tourists.

Alexanderrrrrrr wrote:

Hey there!
I prefer going by train rather than bus. Chose cars with a bit higher price - the seats are Quite comfortable. And it's about 1hr faster than the bus. Well, depending on your luck :))) but then you need to take a taxi to Muine. It will be about 50-100k by bike and 200-300k by taxi.

Ps: I believe if you consider yourself as an expat and a “man of the world”, you shouldn't write anything in relation to any nations, whether it's Russians or any other nation “you cannot stand”. Or someone may share their opinion about your nation as well :) don't treat everyone alike. Good luck with your trip!

I agree with you, @Alexanderrrrrrr.

Nice, measured response.

Alexanderrrrrrr wrote:

Hey there!

Thanks for the information. I think it's well worth it then, especially that my girlfriend never took the train before.

Alexanderrrrrrr wrote:

You are totally right,  but in this case I consider my comment very measured based on my past experiences in Mui Ne. I'm fair play I'll welcome any comment against Canadians  :lol: