Faculty Interview with SQU (FALL-2019)

In the first week of March, I received an email from Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) that the university shortlist me for the interview. In next 2 days, Sultan Qaboos University interviewed me for the faculty position. I believe, SQU also interviewed with other shortlisted applicants.

However, after the interview, I did not received any selection or rejection email from the university. Currently I am waiting for the decision from last 3 weeks.

If anyone has appeared in the interview with SQU. Did you received any selection decision from the SQU?

What were the questions asked ?

Few questions were technical, mostly related to CS core courses and from my research papers. Other courses were related to administrative such as do you have experienced for managing any college committee such as managing quality enhancement committee, or others; how many workshops and training courses did you organised in last two years. Other questions were; why you are leaving your current organisation? what you want to join SQU.

Any information from other applicants

Is there any update? I have also applied and the status of the application is Shortlisted. Can you give me any idea how much time they took to call you for interview after shortlisting?

In my case I received an email that my applicatiion has been shortlisted and they asked me to confirm the date of interview.

Unfortunately my application was rejected after interview.

HI ALL,

Please tell me the procedure to apply in sq
is PHD mandatory

Yes for the teaching at a higher education level (like postgraduate) or even Undergradatuate positions, I think it is mandatory. However, there are some other teaching positions like instructors they need masters graduate with extensive experience.