Can I come to Malta after no deal Brexit

Good Day .

Does any one know Can I come to Malta after no deal Brexit.  As I don't follow and understand.

Vickyted223 wrote:

Good Day .

Does any one know Can I come to Malta after no deal Brexit.  As I don't follow and understand.

Of course tourists are always welcome. Perhaps working in Malta could be prohibited if no agreement between Britain and the EU takes place.

Thank you so much for your help .

That is good to know , I was hoping to move to Malta this year but as I don't know what is going on I was unsure if I would be able to move to Malta to buy a property and work there

I am the same as you. Already signed and paid a deposit to move to Malta on 1st June. Selling my house in the UK.
After watching the debate in the House Wednesday night I have little faith in anything anymore.

One thing everyone agrees on is that it is a mess from all politicians. Can't understand why anyone would trust the current lot to handle a No Deal.  :/

My other half is Swedish and thankfully we got our daughter a Swedish passport when she was born.

Vickyted223 wrote:

Thank you so much for your help .

That is good to know , I was hoping to move to Malta this year but as I don't know what is going on I was unsure if I would be able to move to Malta to buy a property and work there

If you do come to Malta to live it's advisable to rent first before purchasing a property so you can find out which areas would suit you.

https://www.gov.mt/mt/Pages/FACTSHEET-M … rexit.aspx

You'd be same as any other third country national - many here, but you need a job and a company willing to sponsor you etc. 

Eventually - could be quick could be ages - one would hope a new agreement would exist between UK and Malta that once again makes it easy.  However its all an omnishambles so who knows.

richiwatts wrote:

I am the same as you. Already signed and paid a deposit to move to Malta on 1st June. Selling my house in the UK.
After watching the debate in the House Wednesday night I have little faith in anything anymore.

One thing everyone agrees on is that it is a mess from all politicians. Can't understand why anyone would trust the current lot to handle a No Deal.  :/

My other half is Swedish and thankfully we got our daughter a Swedish passport when she was born.

Your case is slightly different as you are married to an EU citizen.