Visiting Canada with my Dominican husband

My husband (Dominican citizen) and I (Canadian  citizen) are planning to travel to Canada later this year to visit my family and friends.  He will require a visitor visa to enter the country.

Anyone knows of a decent lawyer who can assist us with my husband's travel visa as we are unsure if he needs to submit all of the paperwork required because we are married and I am a Canadian citizen.  We were told that much less documents would be required as a result.  We live in the Punta Cana area.

Thanks in advance!

Mirella

Visit the Canadian govt website.  He will need to submit a number of documents ND you need to do it ahead of time.

You dont need a lawer for that, visit https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immig … nship.html and you will get all the information you need for to apply a visitor visa for your husband.

I just applyed for renewing my visitor visa to Canada and Im doing everything online, you will need an scanner and printer.

You will have to scan documents and proof of your marriage, when you apply make sure to pick up the option Visit and skip the option of Turism, because this way you will be able to write a letter to explain why are you applying for a visitor visa and not get him the canadian residence.  The cost of the service online for the visa is 185.00 CA, 100.00 for the Visa and 85.00 for the Biometric capture and you pay with credit card when finish the upload of all documents.

When you apply online all is faster, When I finished to upload all the documents they requiered next day they send me a message that all papers were acepted and started the process, in the 2nd. day they sent me a letter for biometric capture in Santo Domingo.    Note, after they sent you this letter you have to print it and then have to go to make an appoiment using another websited, they do not give that info when they sent the letter and simple says to go with the letter they sent to you,  They do this because in some countries Canadian goverment do this process, but here is an external company that collect the data for them and  the center do not acept people without appoiment.  The website for the appoiment is  https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Dominic … index.html

This company vfs global they also charge people that can not have scanner and printer with the application process and is extra payment bedside the 185.00 CA to process the visa aplication.   Read carefully everything in the Canadian inmigration webpage and you can do everything from your home, and all the best for your husband and wishing you both can have a great vacations in Canada as I do every time I visit.

Great info, thanks!

Today I went to Santo Domingo for Biometric enrollment, 7 days after I uploaded all forms, papers and paid,  Just need to wait now another message telling me to go back to send the passport.  Its has a cost of 1,500.00 pesos and must be pay cash at he VAC.  For the Visa processing they used to acept cash payments but since march 25, all payments must be done online.