Travel insurance

Hi peeps,

I have a ticket that is only one way, it was originally for LAX but my plans changed, I need to update my travel insurance but have to have a flight booked to return and a specific date.

Is there anyone who does travel insurance on a one way ticket to Vietnam from the UK.

Or, any other advice, obviously I'm avoiding booking a return till I'm ready to leave and would rather avoid picking an actual date. And paying lots of money.

What does everyone else do?

Nicole

Hi,

Pacific Cross can do flexible travel insurance and I am sure there are others too.

I  can offer more info if you need it but dont worry about it; you can get the insurance to help you enjoy your trip.

Thank you so much SJ85, I'll take a look at Pacific cross

As Australians, we can't get travel insurance without dates, but it can be extended, big thing is you can't get a visa without a ticket out of Vietnam, but we are buying a one way to Siam Reap in Cambodia. Can any Australians tell us which insurance company they used and did anyone rely and actually claim on their complimentary credit card insurance.

Steve-Sue wrote:

As Australians, we can't get travel insurance without dates, but it can be extended, big thing is you can't get a visa without a ticket out of Vietnam, but we are buying a one way to Siam Reap in Cambodia. Can any Australians tell us which insurance company they used and did anyone rely and actually claim on their complimentary credit card insurance.

You cant get a visa without an exit flight, can you show us where you got this information. Most people get the visa approved before booking the flight,therefore,how would the embassy know you don't have an exit flight.

I got travel insurance, they asked for a return date but no flight details, they never asked for return flight so I gave a date the longest they would let me....

colinoscapee wrote:
Steve-Sue wrote:

You cant get a visa without an exit flight, can you show us where you got this information. Most people get the visa approved before booking the flight,therefore,how would the embassy know you don't have an exit flight.

I've yet to see a "Visa Application" ever include flight details ....

The "exit flight" is checked upon departure at the airport as the airline itself is under the legal  and financial responsibility to verify such things, as they are the ones that foot the bill if the traveler is turned away and forced to board a flight out.

But i am curious ... UK citizens are really required to hold "Travelers Insurance" ???