Ep Rejection due to contractor contract ?

Hi guys,

I'll describe my case in detail in order to help you understand it and see if you have insights to share:

- I've come to Singapore for a two weeks stay in January to have interviews with several companies
- One of the company I've met after submitting my application on their website made me an offer
- During the process they decided to outsource the contract via a contracting agency
- I've accepted the offer, filled the EP application form and provided the required documents

Today I've learned that my application was rejected under the justification that:
The work pass is for the foreigner to work as an employee for the direct employer only and not to work for another company/client

So I'm wondering:
- Is it an error in the application process ? For example the contracting company made the application but the job was advertised by the hiring company.
- Or is it forbidden for a contracting agency to hire foreign employees ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Regards.

Could be misinformation at MoM. If the employer who was interviewed and selected you through a consultant from starting where the consultant would have shared the Ad in public then the consultant can apply the EP for you.

If you were hired directly by the employer through their Ad, then they should apply your EP.

It's common to engage a third party vendor to apply your EP where the employer must have shared Ad in the public domain. But if the third party consultant is applying your EP under their employment then it's bound to reject.

Hi raphaelvi,

I just want to know if you have any updates on what happened to your application? I am currently in the same situation as you had in the past.

The OP only posted this one time and stopped frequenting the forum soon after that.
I doubt you will get a reply.