Any Canadian with experience in exhanging Driver's license in SP?

I read some older (from 2016) forum post here with some from Canada and others from USA. And they were able to get their Brazilian DL without having to do the Practical exam...

Went to Detran here in Sao Paulo, SP and was told I would need to take medical,eye, physical, psychological and the actual practical test (Direcâo Vecular).  Apparently Canada and USA are not part of 
PARTES CONTRATANTES DA CONVENÇÃO DE VIENA (Vienna Convention) SOBRE TRNSITO VIÁRIO DE
1968 ONDE É VÁLIDA A PERMISSÃO INTERNACIONAL PARA DIRIGIR DESDE QUE
APRESENTADA COM A LICENÇA DE CONDUÇÃO NACIONAL

I see many Americans getting their CNH. How?

https://www.detran.sp.gov.br/wps/portal … ignatarios

and
http://www.denatran.gov.br/carteira-internacional

Is this correct?

I had my California (USA) driver´s license exchanged directly to a Brazilian driver´s license but a long time ago. I see the regulations has changed. Canada and USA are part of the agreement in which citizens from both countries can drive inside Brazil with their local (foreigner) driver´s license and an accompanying ID of up to 180 days.

Individuals who stay more especially people with CRNM should register their driver´s license through DETRAN and take physical, mental and psychological evaluation to obtain the CNH.

robal

Went to 1 Detran Branch. In Shopping Raposo here in Sao Paulo. The people there are telling about the medical test exams (including psychological), and that I would need to take the actual Practical Driving Exam .
It's weird because USA is also NOT in the list of countries (there is 2 PDF link that shows it)
1968 Vienna Convention road traffic

http://www.denatran.gov.br/carteira-internacional

That my case would be the 3rd Hypothesis.
That's why I am wondering how Americans and (to why Im asking if Canadians are getting through with obtaining their CNH without doing the "Direcão Vecular" practical driving test).

Maybe they are recently enforcing this? :S or am I being misled?

You belong to the second hypothesis. The list
of the other countries that has agreement with the convention is right along the 1st
PDF.  You would see Canada and the USA with the letter "R" which I presume stands for
"RECONHECIDO."

Rio five months ago. Central DETRAN Office. Valid California drivers license with Portuguese translation. Eye exam and psychological quiz completed at Cabo Frio DETRAN. Picked up Brazilian drivers license at Central DETRAN Office.
No practical exam
No physical exam

I'm a Canadian in Rio de janiero. Doing my license now.  Here's what I must do.  Hair follicle drug test. Eye exam. Physiological test. That's all I am required to do.  No road test.  I have 5 days to report back to detran central office in downtown Rio after tests are complete. I have to inform the clinic that the hair follicle test is for detran. That's my experience with detran.  Hope it helps.

Hi I'm Canadian living in Vitória. I got my first license in 2009. I had to do the psychological test, eye test, and a kind of practical or written test. I just renewed my license last month, and just had to do the eye test. Looks like it's different everywhere you go.

The drug test might be new because of the legalized cannabis in Canada.  Not sure but I think it might have something to do with it

I´ve been renewing for years and only the eye test is done...

Keep your Provincial Canadian Driver's License.
When pulled over, show it to the officer and smile.
They will look confused, they can`t speak the language and wave you off, unless cause for suspicion. 
You are supposed to take the Brazilian License after 60 days.  Now, who in the right mind is going to track how many months you 've been living in the Country ?
Besides, road pull overs are almost non existent anymore here. They were just an excuse for petty shakedown.  Since Big Brother installed cameras everywhere, the racket is gone. 
So drive like an old lady from Pasadena. 
Problem solved.